Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda CRX / EF Civic (1988 - 1991) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/)
-   -   how to install a baby carseat (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/how-install-baby-carseat-2865392/)

hondasizc 11-22-2010 11:30 AM

how to install a baby carseat

hello world
i have a 91 honda hatchback si.......

I NEED HELP I AM HAVING A BABYGIRL IN DEC 6TH 2010
I NEED TO KNOW HOW DO I INSTALL A CAR SEAT IN THE CAR

FSRslug 11-22-2010 11:38 AM

Re: how to install a baby carseat

Follow the manufacturers directions.

hybrid1990crx 11-22-2010 12:16 PM

In my integra (da) I used to have to use some metal thing shaped like ][ to lock the seat belt in place. You may be able to use the lap belt, but not 100% sure.

It would be nice if our older cars had locking belts like the newer cars do.

Just make sure its installed right, a child's life is worth more than yours or mine.

KINGVEM^^ED6 11-22-2010 12:36 PM

you should sell your ef or buy another car id never transport a baby let alone my own in a ef gl and.congrats bro

phoenix_iii 11-22-2010 12:52 PM

Lol nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Besides all the 'don't put a baby in an EF' responses (which I tend to agree with), some times we have to deal with the cards we are handed. Good on you for at least getting a proper seat, and to be honest, baby isn't that much safer in a 'newer' car save broken glass and in the most extreme some cabin intrusion.

Anyhow, make sure you UNDERSTAND how the seat is supposed to mount and protect baby. If it seems flimsy/not right, it probably isn't.

You know where you could get some GREAT, FREE advice? From Honda directly. They are very safety oriented, and despite some sheepishness, you should go in there and ask for help. Knowledgable tech's or sales people can show you.

BiG ChOr!Zo 11-22-2010 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by KINGVEM^^ED6 (Post 44070370)
you should sell your ef or buy another car id never transport a baby let alone my own in a ef gl and.congrats bro

that's because you drive like a paisa and shouldn't be allowed a california license=) i transport both my 3 year old son and 9 month old daughter just fine in the pimp sedan:beer:

to the op follow the instructions from the manufacture.

KINGVEM^^ED6 11-22-2010 02:43 PM

lmao

white90crxhf 11-22-2010 07:39 PM

congrats! have you bought the car seat yet?

hondasizc 11-24-2010 06:56 AM

that u all... and yea i have bought one

kaiba 11-24-2010 06:59 AM

Should of got a Recaro.

http://photo.buysell.net.my/data/639.../424_p5214.jpg

slywfbpsi 11-24-2010 08:11 AM

LOL, yeah, just follow the manuafacturer's instructions. I carry all three of my kids in my EF, ages, 8, 5, and 1.

oldschoolrides 11-24-2010 08:54 AM

if you go to any fire station they will install it for you properly and show you how to do it step by step for free.

as an EF owner i feel i can tell you that they will most likely tell you the same thing...... get another vehicle for baby lol.

myed9crx 11-24-2010 10:26 AM

^^^ i agree, but there isnt anything actually wrong with a hatch with a car seat. I had one in my old 91 si hatch. Basically, I moved the front seats forward, crawled in the back and gave the carseat hell. I put my weight in the seat and pulled the straps as hard as i can. Also, i did add a extra straps hooked up to the towers and one across the brace. Then, I took it to the fire station and the guy who inspected it told me it was "way over kill" but was the best one he'd ever seen installed. I honestly think you could lift the car by the car seat, it was that tied down.

myed9crx 11-24-2010 10:32 AM

on the side note, a rear facing seat is a bi*** to put in and take out of a ef hatch(the kinda that clicks in and locks with the base still in the car. I did end up getting a cb9 accord wagon(i miss that car)... :(