Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Interior AC/Fan Noise (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/interior-ac-fan-noise-2763740/)

jaebekae 04-20-2010 11:38 PM

Interior AC/Fan Noise

When I turn on the air for either AC or Fan, it makes a loud noise near the passenger side. I think something may be clogged? It sounds like an old airplane about to take off (of course not as loud). I was wondering what place I can check to see where the air comes in from? I tried searching but didn't find anything on this.

Thanks!

F150guy86 04-21-2010 12:21 PM

Re: Interior AC/Fan Noise

Mine makes the same noise sometimes. If I have my blower motor on "1" and I make a turn or hit a bump it starts "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr." I'll turn the motor up to "4" and then back to "1" and it stops. I just moved into a house with a garage so it's on my list of things to take apart and put back together. . . .

I am assuming it is the blower fan getting caught on something but I'm not sure. That's what's fun about tearing things apart though.

Vindicator9000 04-21-2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by F150guy86 (Post 42247089)
I am assuming it is the blower fan getting caught on something but I'm not sure. That's what's fun about tearing things apart though.

That's what it sounds like to me.

It's not hard to pull the fan out. It's sort of a round looking thing above the passenger footwell. Take it out and see if there's anything stuck in it.

jaebekae 04-21-2010 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by F150guy86 (Post 42247089)
Mine makes the same noise sometimes. If I have my blower motor on "1" and I make a turn or hit a bump it starts "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr." I'll turn the motor up to "4" and then back to "1" and it stops. I just moved into a house with a garage so it's on my list of things to take apart and put back together. . . .

Yea! That's the exact sound I have. Except it'll always do it on 3 and 4. Anyone figure out what's causing this?

jaebekae 05-09-2010 11:48 AM

ttt

nota944mechanic 05-09-2010 03:27 PM

Pull the fan and check for leaves. This is typically the culprit. If there are no obstructions, then the bearings may be on the way out.

F150guy86 10-20-2010 11:36 AM

Well I finally had time to pull my fan out and found a few small leaves in there. I cleaned them out and put it back in and it still makes the same sound. Might be the bearings I guess. . .

bonbon7981 05-21-2017 07:52 AM

The fan in my pilot is loud and annoying. Does not matter how high or low you set it....it still sounds like some kind of whirly sound. The higher you set the fan the louder it gets. And now it doesn't seem like the a/c is putting out cool enough air. I have a 2008 Pilot.