Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Suspension & Brakes (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/)
-   -   Blackworks Racing (bwrusa.com) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/blackworks-racing-bwrusa-com-2761427/)

forcdincivic 04-16-2010 01:25 PM

Blackworks Racing (bwrusa.com)

Well....first of all, this companies customer service is awful. I ordered some LCA's from them, and payed a lot extra for OVERNIGHT shipping, so I would have them today. The company then did not send me a tracking number like they said, so I called. They told me I would have my part on April 22nd...thats not overnight right? Well I then told him I specifically paid for overnight shipping because my car is down and undrivable and needed the part by this evening. He told me that his warehouse guys screwed up and theres nothing he can do...so I suggested that he overnight me one now, because it wasnt my fault and I need the part and deliberately paid extra and he told me no, its not possible because he already sent one. But again, it wasnt my mistake that caused this issue, it was poor working in the warehouse. They were extremely rude on the phone and proceeded to interrupt every chance they got. I could have ordered these from any other company, but went straight to the actual makers....you would think they would have taken the opportunity to make sure customers are happy. What happened to the customer is always right? Well, in this case, it wasnt my mistake and I need my part, now my car is down for another week...not happy. I told them they would be getting quite the review, and as of yesterday my review would have been completely opposite of this, but not anymore. I am frustrated and sad to say this company has lost my business forever. Good luck to anyone dealing with them in the future.

phunhaus 04-16-2010 02:11 PM

Re: Blackworks Racing (bwrusa.com)

https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/anyone-have-any-experience-blackworks-suspension-2680526/

98civdx 04-16-2010 03:01 PM

Um yea, that company is horrible. Call the BBB in your area.

Did they at least refund the money from overnight shipping?

proclass 04-22-2010 06:47 PM

who was the sales rep you spoke to?

Runnerdown 04-22-2010 07:23 PM

Don't expect anything great from these bargain basement lowball places. Look at their website, its the same taiwan parts list that 10 billion other fly by night companies sell. Cheesy coilovers, lower control arms, garbage turbos etc...

You get what you pay for.

forcdincivic 05-19-2010 07:29 AM

Little update....just heard from blackworks today out of the blue...the guy was extremely nice...the guy who I originally talked to was in fact not a higher up at the company at which he stated and has since then been fired...Chris at blackworks is the HR rep and a higher in command under the owner, he was a great guy and they are sending me free t shirts, stickers, and refunded ALL the shipping costs.

roadster144 08-23-2013 12:21 AM

i was about to buy some stuff from blackworks - lug nuts etc. I hadnt heard of em - me bein' from australia and all so I googled and ended up on your forum. I'm not a honda bloke - currently have miatas and a porsche, but a thousand years ago I had a brand new 89 CRX so i guess that qualifies me to be here. Hi all!

read some dismal things about blackworks racing on your forums - some about their customer service - including that epic 9 page one with the all caps outburst from 'bwrtechsupport' flaming on about everything.

i see this on the interwebs about blackworks - wonder if tis true?

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/blackw...der-jim-974094

90_EX_Civic 08-23-2013 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by roadster144 (Post 49082101)
i was about to buy some stuff from blackworks - lug nuts etc. I hadnt heard of em - me bein' from australia and all so I googled and ended up on your forum. I'm not a honda bloke - currently have miatas and a porsche, but a thousand years ago I had a brand new 89 CRX so i guess that qualifies me to be here. Hi all!

read some dismal things about blackworks racing on your forums - some about their customer service - including that epic 9 page one with the all caps outburst from 'bwrtechsupport' flaming on about everything.

yea, that's old news, and was true from what i heard. stay away from from blackworks, blox, or any of the other Chinese made products.

BWRSUPPORT 08-23-2013 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by roadster144 (Post 49082101)

I will be the first one to say that report doesn't look good for us. That issue was settled a lonnnng time ago though. We've made some personnel changes and have grown from that experience. We could pay to have it taken down but truth be told, it hasn't affected business at all.

We will be posting pictures of our shop and offices in Phoenix, AZ where our products are designed and manufactured. Only between 10-20% of our products we offer are manufactured overseas, everything else is made right here in the USA.

So with that said, lets have a great weekend everyone.

2LEM1 08-23-2013 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by BWRSUPPORT (Post 49082874)
We will be posting pictures of our shop and offices in Phoenix, AZ where our products are designed...

:thud:

You can pee on us, but don't tell us it's raining.

grumblemarc 08-24-2013 03:13 AM

Only between 10-20% of our products we offer are manufactured overseas, everything else is made right here in the USA.

Those being anything with moving parts, like coilovers with no shock dynos. As for the other 90%, it's not that hard to copy what's already out there, tweak it so you can say you "designed it" and program a machines to produce it.

doood 08-24-2013 09:26 AM

given the majority of bwr parts (tow hooks, tie bars, general appearance parts, etc.) it's not hard to have that stuff made in house on a cnc.

:popcorn:

Lord Helmet 08-25-2013 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by grumblemarc (Post 49084821)
Those being anything with moving parts, like coilovers with no shock dynos. As for the other 90%, it's not that hard to copy what's already out there, tweak it so you can say you "designed it" and program a machines to produce it.

Yup nicely put :thumbup:

STOCK_SOHC_DX 08-31-2013 08:40 PM

I will be the first one to say that report doesn't look good for us. That issue was settled a lonnnng time ago though. We've made some personnel changes and have grown from that experience. We could pay to have it taken down but truth be told, it hasn't affected business at all.

We will be posting pictures of our shop and offices in Phoenix, AZ where our products are designed and manufactured. Only between 10-20% of our products we offer are manufactured overseas, everything else is made right here in the USA.

So with that said, lets have a great weekend everyone.

So we are gonna get those shock dynos now?

ekswapdude 02-13-2015 03:20 PM

Ok. So another update from blackworks. I called today since I noticed that the money has not been taken from my account to purchase the downpipe I thought I ordered. I spoke with the manager named Nick and got this whole mess sorted out. He told me that they were waiting on me to give them my measurement since I'm running a precision turbo for them to send me the correct downpipe which was not made known to me before and he also told me that I could call him back and give him the measurements needed. The customer service problem I ran into he said was due to a certain employee there and that he would address that. he was very polite very knowledgeable and most of all he was very professional and how we handled my situation and if all goes well they will continue to have my Business

ekswapdude 02-13-2015 03:25 PM

I will punctuate better when I'm not on my phone lol

phaphon 02-14-2015 09:24 AM

They'll probably email you . That's what thmotorsports did to me . And they lost my business cause I don't like how they treated me .too bad I ordered a lot of stuff to finish my car and will be ordering a lot more . I did plan on giving them all my business but not after what happen

ekswapdude 02-16-2015 08:41 AM

I have edited my post after speaking with Nick who is the manager of black works and is currently working with me to get this issue resolved and hopefully all goes well

EKSedAndy 02-18-2015 02:23 AM

How is that honestly any different than any other company though? If you look at the kind of parts they make, it's not exactly rocket science, and nobody is going to re-invent lug nuts or LCA's. They have specific measurements and geometry that they are required to have.

BWR actually has decent quality bushings in their LCA's, and they have a lifetime warranty, which is more than can be said for the junk bushings in Blox, Skunk2, etc. And for the amount of "R&D" that goes into LCA's, I'm content to pay half the price for BWR than for Function or something similar that is twice the price just because of the name.

No idea about their coilovers, but I also wouldn't personally use a part like this that does require actual R&D from one of these less reputable companies, unless I was just lowering purely for ascetics. IMO common sense can prevail, and savvy consumers can save money on less tech-laden parts by doing some research. I have no problem with "paying for R&D" for parts that require it and can benefit from it, but I also think it's silly in a lot of cases to pay top dollar for a name.

STOCK_SOHC_DX 03-01-2015 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by EKSedAndy (Post 50214211)
How is that honestly any different than any other company though? If you look at the kind of parts they make, it's not exactly rocket science, and nobody is going to re-invent lug nuts or LCA's. They have specific measurements and geometry that they are required to have.

BWR actually has decent quality bushings in their LCA's, and they have a lifetime warranty, which is more than can be said for the junk bushings in Blox, Skunk2, etc. And for the amount of "R&D" that goes into LCA's, I'm content to pay half the price for BWR than for Function or something similar that is twice the price just because of the name.

No idea about their coilovers, but I also wouldn't personally use a part like this that does require actual R&D from one of these less reputable companies, unless I was just lowering purely for ascetics. IMO common sense can prevail, and savvy consumers can save money on less tech-laden parts by doing some research. I have no problem with "paying for R&D" for parts that require it and can benefit from it, but I also think it's silly in a lot of cases to pay top dollar for a name.

Um the lca "lifetime warranty" doesn't include bushing like function7 yes it's cheap to replace but that's the difference a company who stands behind their product.

SilverEK96 03-02-2015 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by ekswapdude (Post 50207662)
Ok. So another update from blackworks. I called today since I noticed that the money has not been taken from my account to purchase the downpipe I thought I ordered. I spoke with the manager named Nick and got this whole mess sorted out. He told me that they were waiting on me to give them my measurement since I'm running a precision turbo for them to send me the correct downpipe which was not made known to me before and he also told me that I could call him back and give him the measurements needed. The customer service problem I ran into he said was due to a certain employee there and that he would address that. he was very polite very knowledgeable and most of all he was very professional and how we handled my situation and if all goes well they will continue to have my Business

Good luck on getting a good fitting turbo down pipe from them. There down pipes are junk! They have horrible fitment and hang low. Even if your car isnt dropped very low, the down pipe will scrape everywhere. Thats being said from someone who actually had there matching manifold and down pipe combo they sell. If I were you, save your money and reach out to a more legit company. Dont pay twice ..

ekswapdude 03-03-2015 04:41 PM

Well I just received my stuff. I will post pics when installed so everyone can see exactly what they look like on my car. Thanks for the advice guys

STOCK_SOHC_DX 03-05-2015 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by ekswapdude (Post 50238163)
Well I just received my stuff. I will post pics when installed so everyone can see exactly what they look like on my car. Thanks for the advice guys

Awesome! Thank god you took our advice. Forgot about this one

https://honda-tech.com/suspension-br...s-llc-3009600/

opc 03-05-2015 10:50 PM

Blackworks.... can you post pictures of the factory you have your coilovers made.. i would like to see.

i know are you reading this thread.

spAdam 03-06-2015 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by opc (Post 50242860)
Blackworks.... can you post pictures of the factory you have your coilovers made.. i would like to see.

i know are you reading this thread.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...c93146e9f7.jpg

J/K

Those are clearly fair trade Pakistani soccer balls ;)