Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Paint and Body (https://honda-tech.com/forums/paint-body-84/)
-   -   ppg shopline vs. deltron (https://honda-tech.com/forums/paint-body-84/ppg-shopline-vs-deltron-2711247/)

danthemang3 01-14-2010 06:42 PM

ppg shopline vs. deltron

so it's getting close to that time to paint the project car. really all my question is, is it worth almost double the price for the ppg deltron compared to the shopline. the paint shop tells me yes. but will i notice much of a difference? i don't mind paying the price for quality but would rather put the money somewhere else if i won't notice any difference. thanks

Rigginit 01-14-2010 07:09 PM

Re: ppg shopline vs. deltron

The paint shop guy here tells me Shopline is great stuff! It just lacks a little in it's basecoat. - His words.

If the shopline basecoat were better he says it wouldn't be worth the upgrade in his opinion. Being how almost all the finish is in the clear though... I'll continue to use Shopline unless a color choice i decide is only available in Deltron (For true color sometimes only available in Deltron)

precisionsc54 01-15-2010 05:55 PM

well I will tell u that shopline has more filler and less pigment. Ask the paint shop mixing it for the readout. I was shocked yrs ago when i seen how much filler there is in shopline/omni BC compared to DBU or DBC

jdmcx 08-30-2011 11:40 AM

I am thinking of doing shopline base with deltron clear anybody have any experience with doing this?

2'z kuztoms 08-31-2011 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by jdmcx (Post 45931099)
I am thinking of doing shopline base with deltron clear anybody have any experience with doing this?

I do all the time. And if you want to go with a even cheaper route go with Transtar clear, one of the best bang for the buck clear imo.

2'z kuztoms 08-31-2011 12:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My old teg from 05. DBC base Transtar clear

2'z kuztoms 08-31-2011 12:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My old eg from 03. Omni base PPG 2042 clear

jdmcx 08-31-2011 04:55 AM

how much shopline should i get to do a color change i was told that it doesn't cover that well and that is why i should go with deltron

madhatch 09-25-2011 12:45 PM

i usually get three quarts, most of the time they will just mix a gallon for me when i do.. it covers fine. Consider getting a quart of dp40 and spray it down before you base coat, you will be extremely happy with the coverage if you go that route.

jdmcx 12-07-2011 08:41 AM

looks like i will have to go with shopline, i was quoted $1000 for a gallone of deltron because of all the pearl needed. (don't ask what color I don't wish to share at this time)