Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Prelude (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-prelude-4/)
-   -   Transmission Stuck won't come off........ (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-prelude-4/transmission-stuck-wont-come-off-2609216/)

black94lude 07-16-2009 09:33 PM

Transmission Stuck won't come off........

Hello everyone, Im hoping someone can help me determine the problem i am facing with my transmission. Im trying to take out my H23A1 transmission out to replace my clutch but after removing all the tranmission bolts somehow it stuck it won't come off (tranmission move side to side freely). I know that for Civic and Integra when you removed all the main bolt on the tranmision it should just fall right off. So with that being said my tranmission is still attach to my motor......Can it being that the clutch is still in gears? Before I took out the tranmission it was already in netural....Any help is really appreciate at this time.....

matysik27 07-16-2009 09:55 PM

Re: Transmission Stuck won't come off........

that wouldn't cause. just double check to make sure that they are all off you might have missed one bolt you can't easily see. Also make sure your pulling it straight off and not tilted at all.

Edul59 07-16-2009 11:33 PM

the manual says to put the tranny and gears in reverse...i dont know if that will help you..also the shalft could be rusted in there too

black94lude 07-17-2009 12:09 AM

Well the only thing I forgot or didn't do is to put into reverse gear. I didn't do that because I couldn't get a hold of a Haynes or Helms book. It seem like something has lock the shaft preventing it from pulling it out. I was just wondering if there is anything in the transmission can cause this problem.....?

lude98SH 07-17-2009 05:15 AM

The problem you are having has nothing to do with if its in gear or not. Make sure all the bolts are out and pull straight out. Also make sure its not getting hung up on anything. There really is not that much to it, don't overcomplicate things.

black94lude 07-17-2009 06:27 AM

Okay thanks, I'll go back and double check to see if I have missed any bolts. So it doesn't really matter if the tranny is in gear or not it should still com out right? I go back and pull it straight out.....last night when I was trying to pull it out the tranny was kind of in a slant angle.

Jago 07-17-2009 07:52 AM

did you take the starter off?

roller3804 07-17-2009 08:30 AM

There is snap rings on the end of each axel. You have to pop them loose. I bet the intermediate shaft is still in and making it hard to pop off. Use a prybar to pop it loose. Sometime its a PITA to get trannys off.

black94lude 07-19-2009 11:09 AM

I finally got the transmission out. I pull it straight out and by prying the transmission from the motor. It took me a while before the transmission finally came off. From my inspection it appear like the shaft was super rust that why it was hard to get the transmission off. But thaks for all you guys advicse and support. I really appreciate it....