Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/)
-   -   How To Reset SRS Light (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/how-reset-srs-light-2606440/)

EricJS 07-12-2009 08:56 PM

How To Reset SRS Light

I noticed the SRS light was lit up after I had my transmission worked on. The radio presets were erased, so I believe the battery had been unhooked.

I had read where the SRS would light up after batteries had been replaced or certain fuses had been pulled.

Can anyone tell me how to reset the light? It is listed on the Accord FAQs, but the link no longer works.

Thank you!

95EG690022 07-12-2009 09:35 PM

Re: How To Reset SRS Light

http://tor.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pub...096S23316A.pdf

striker81 07-12-2009 10:17 PM

Good looking out. :thumbup:

EricJS 07-13-2009 05:38 PM

Great! Thank You.

dbl-htch 07-13-2009 06:36 PM

Where exactly do you find that SCS service connector? Would this apply to OBDI (95 Accord)? Thanks...

TheMuffinMan 07-13-2009 06:46 PM

It should be in an identical location as the one for the 96.

You can also refer to my FAQ on how to Bypass SRS for an aftermarket steering wheel. I have the reset instructions and some pictures in there.

dbl-htch 07-13-2009 08:27 PM

nevermind, figured it out...the "SCS service connector" is a seperate tool, not something that's on the car somewhere...and thanks for the help, read the how-to's, gonna try tomorrow on my friend's car...

95EG690022 07-14-2009 01:17 AM

it should be on the side of the firewall, thats where i found mine, eventhough i followed the isntructions and the srs blinks twice indicating it got reset, my srs wont go away

sgriffiths 07-22-2009 06:30 AM

STRIKER81 is a thief! WHERE IS MY ENGINE?!?!??!

MissJPhatEphex 07-22-2009 10:59 AM

i bypassed mine after having installed a momo wheel

meandino 01-15-2010 04:14 PM

This info helped me out. Got my light to turn off. We'll see if it stays off.

361 accord 08-15-2011 04:06 PM

the damn link is broken :mad:

mudpuppy4life 08-16-2011 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 39235711)
It should be in an identical location as the one for the 96.

You can also refer to my FAQ on how to Bypass SRS for an aftermarket steering wheel. I have the reset instructions and some pictures in there.

where is the FAQ at? i cant find it

TheMuffinMan 08-16-2011 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by mudpuppy4life (Post 45848446)
where is the FAQ at? i cant find it

It says

Sticky: ► 1990-2002 Accord FAQ

At the top of the section...

2stripeAccord 07-06-2012 02:34 AM

thanks worked like a charm

EKrazy91 09-07-2012 02:40 PM

OK heres the situation with my DD auto 96 DX hatch... im new on here and having a really hard time finding what i'm looking for.

so about 2 weeks ago i rear ended someone, smashed my front end up, and deployed both air bags :cry:... SRS light came on of course. over the next week i pulled the radiator support out and straightened it back up, fixed cosmetics, and then i replaced both air bags. i had to replace the 15A fuse under the dash for the SRS and fuel pump because it popped in the wreck. It runs and drives like nothing ever happened. but my ******* SRS light will not shut off!!!!! i've checked wiring, plugs, seatbelt buckles, resistances, and tried jumping and resetting the control module (it won't even get to the first step where the light cuts off the first time!). After all that, i decided to thake the one out of my 97 turbo LS coupe and try it.... SAME THING :mad:!!!

ANY IDEAS PLEASE?!?!?! its driving me nuts!

Lost Again 09-08-2012 08:09 AM

The 96 "should" still have the two pin service connector under the glove box. Try jumping it and see what code(s) you are getting from the SRS....works this way on the 95 - yes, I know there were changes in the 96-97.

EKrazy91 09-08-2012 10:32 AM

I thought the 2 pin under the glove box was for check engine? my srs has its own 2 pin plugged into the fuse panel just like all the reset threads show. idk. i'll give it a shot and let you know. that's really about the only thing i havent tried. thanks

EKrazy91 09-08-2012 10:57 AM

tried it. still nothing. i'm almost to the point of just disabling the whole system, the only reason i havent is because i wanted to keep the dd clean and just like from the dealer.

BrotherAli 09-08-2012 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by EKrazy91 (Post 47832028)
OK heres the situation with my DD auto 96 DX hatch... im new on here and having a really hard time finding what i'm looking for.

so about 2 weeks ago i rear ended someone, smashed my front end up, and deployed both air bags :cry:... SRS light came on of course. over the next week i pulled the radiator support out and straightened it back up, fixed cosmetics, and then i replaced both air bags. i had to replace the 15A fuse under the dash for the SRS and fuel pump because it popped in the wreck. It runs and drives like nothing ever happened. but my ******* SRS light will not shut off!!!!! i've checked wiring, plugs, seatbelt buckles, resistances, and tried jumping and resetting the control module (it won't even get to the first step where the light cuts off the first time!). After all that, i decided to thake the one out of my 97 turbo LS coupe and try it.... SAME THING :mad:!!!

ANY IDEAS PLEASE?!?!?! its driving me nuts!

I followed this and it worked:

You didnt really give good details though. Have you tried resetting the connector that is under the driver dash with the yellow connector (NOT THE ONE IN THE FUSE BOX)? You might have to try a few times. If you have then what is the code after you reset it?

EKrazy91 09-08-2012 02:49 PM

the connector that i tried it with is the only connector that isn't connected to anything. it just plugs into a dummy slot in the very top of the fuse panel, kind of up there by its self. and it's the only 2 prong connector under the drivers side, unless i use the plug that the actual air bag plugs into. it looks exactly like the one the guy is holding in his hand in that video. i jump it, cut the ignition on, wait for the light to turn off......... it never turns off..

BrotherAli 09-08-2012 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by EKrazy91 (Post 47835802)
the connector that i tried it with is the only connector that isn't connected to anything. it just plugs into a dummy slot in the very top of the fuse panel, kind of up there by its self. and it's the only 2 prong connector under the drivers side, unless i use the plug that the actual air bag plugs into. it looks exactly like the one the guy is holding in his hand in that video. i jump it, cut the ignition on, wait for the light to turn off......... it never turns off..

I could be wrong but I think it should at least go off and give you a code then come back on. I had to do it like 3-4 times because I wasnt getting a good connection but kept trying because I had done it before and knew I was doing the right method.

EKrazy91 09-08-2012 03:12 PM

thats what i'm saying. it is supposed to do something, but it's like it doesn't even realize it's jumped out. i've tried everything, wires, paper clips, even took off the insulation and crossed them... idk :hammer:

Lost Again 09-09-2012 08:58 AM

When you jumped the wires - the CEL and D4, what did they do? Again want to be sure you have the correct connector and that the "jump" between the two wires is complete.

EKrazy91 09-09-2012 07:15 PM

The cell just came on when I switched the ignition on and stayed on. I haven't noticed d4 doing anything. Ill try again tomorrow and let you know.