Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda CRX / EF Civic (1988 - 1991) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/)
-   -   dashboard lights, clock, radio not working! help (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/dashboard-lights-clock-radio-not-working-help-2583868/)

hellraiser7492 06-06-2009 07:17 PM

dashboard lights, clock, radio not working! help

So my Dashboard Lights, clock, and radio are not running right now.
I realize it could be a fuse or a ****ed up wire, but is there anything special i should look at? i find it really odd that all three are out at once, i checked all the fuses and they all came up how they were supposed to.
im stumped:-/
(89 CRX SI 1.6L SOHC ZC)
also if anyone has any websites that show how the fuses go in exactly that would help:)

hellraiser7492 06-06-2009 07:40 PM

Re: dashboard lights, clock, radio not working! help

Originally Posted by hellraiser7492 (Post 38811862)
So my Dashboard Lights, clock, and radio are not running right now.
I realize it could be a fuse or a ****ed up wire, but is there anything special i should look at? i find it really odd that all three are out at once, i checked all the fuses and they all came up how they were supposed to.
im stumped:-/
(89 CRX SI 1.6L SOHC ZC)
also if anyone has any websites that show how the fuses go in exactly that would help:)

i just went and checked and according to the diagram under the fuse box, some of the amps were in the wrong place, i fixed them(like some had where 7 and 9 were supposed to be empty and 7 had a 30 amp in it..
hmm wtf?)

~sp33~ 06-07-2009 06:28 AM

Often the accessories will share a fuse, so if one goes, they all go.

It could have been a short somewhere, so if you replace it, and it blows again, start looking for exposed wires.

hellraiser7492 06-08-2009 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by ~sp33~ (Post 38814728)
Often the accessories will share a fuse, so if one goes, they all go.

It could have been a short somewhere, so if you replace it, and it blows again, start looking for exposed wires.

sorry i took so long to reply
the weird thing is,
all the fuses are correct and working, and i dont wanna like take it apart and whatnot without looking for more things rather then just taking off the dash:P

88whitehatchidaho 06-08-2009 06:40 AM

does it have an aftermarket cd player? almost every time i see problems like this it is usually in the wiring for the cd player i could be wrong but its some where to start i have fix about four or five that were like that(tape comming off connections and shorting out each other, because it seems like around here nobody has ever heard of butt connectors lol)

dr_latino999 06-08-2009 07:12 AM

How are your turn signals? I have a weird feeling this could be an ICU related issue.

hellraiser7492 06-09-2009 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by 88whitehatchidaho (Post 38825454)
does it have an aftermarket cd player? almost every time i see problems like this it is usually in the wiring for the cd player i could be wrong but its some where to start i have fix about four or five that were like that(tape comming off connections and shorting out each other, because it seems like around here nobody has ever heard of butt connectors lol)

its sort of aftermarket but not like a new ass one it's fairly old. and the cd player before it actually shorted wires but we cut them and rewired them.

Originally Posted by dr_latino999 (Post 38825716)
How are your turn signals? I have a weird feeling this could be an ICU related issue.

my turn signals are fine, the only thing that is odd with the signals is when i press my hazard lights they click and take a sec or two to start and make a buzzing sound like crazy before they start.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

any ideas?]=

Cnile1 06-09-2009 08:35 AM

Seems like you have a short somewhere...
The best thing to do is run through the wires.
You should find the answer if you do that.
Your dash doesn't have the fuse diagram on it?

hellraiser7492 06-09-2009 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Cnile1 (Post 38840073)
Seems like you have a short somewhere...
The best thing to do is run through the wires.
You should find the answer if you do that.
Your dash doesn't have the fuse diagram on it?

its hard to run thru dash wires tho]=
but yeah it does have a fuse diagram but the fuses aren't shorted

sepheroth 06-09-2009 06:59 PM

it will only take a few hours to pull your dash out and look at the wires...my dash harness caught fire. So i have the whole thing ripped out right now.

sepheroth 06-09-2009 07:01 PM

pull the glove box, center console, steering wheel, turnsingnal/wiper, gauge cluster, and there is around 5 main bolts and the whole dash comes out

Cnile1 06-09-2009 09:55 PM

You don't even need to take out your whole dash.
Try putting on all the switches to your lights that are out and stick a circuit tester through every wire. The wires that are short won't light up the circuit tester. You'll have to replace the section of the wire that is short. Then it should work. You gotta troubleshoot the problem bro. I think all the wires run through the fuse box. You can reach them all right there by the fuse box.