Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   fuel gauge doesn't work (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/fuel-gauge-doesnt-work-2576852/)

changknows 05-26-2009 08:10 PM

fuel gauge doesn't work

I checked the fuses and tried hooking up a different cluster and the fuel gauge doesn't work. Is there a sensor or something I should check? and where would i find it? How do I figure out if the wires are bad?

Murk 'EM 05-26-2009 08:15 PM

Re: fuel gauge doesn't work

do you have a repair manual? if not get one it is going to be to your advantage.. yes their is a sensor how ever their is no way we can help you with out info.. year.. model.. anything will help
iv never had a problem with my sensor but i do believe it is in the fule sending unit itself in the tank

changknows 05-26-2009 08:29 PM

My bad, I have a 93 civic hatch dx. I have a haynes manual which is useless for the most part. Is there a way I can check the wires without having to rip my car apart?

Murk 'EM 05-26-2009 08:33 PM

yea if you can wait till tomorrow i can try to get the pin outs for what the fuel level sensor is

the haynes should have wiring diagrams that show you everything you need to know to check it

buckner2009 05-26-2009 08:41 PM

hey bud i had the same problem on mine' all u got to do is if u check fuse and its good
and gauge isnt messed up its called your sending unit its write next to your fuel pump assembly under neath the back seat it go tto unscrew it and replace it that fixed my problem gauge mint now i hope that helps u; u can also jump the wire that clips into it to check if the gauge works or not' just dont let it get to fuel or it will stay there and break' =]

Icon_Ed6 05-26-2009 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Murk 'EM (Post 38676472)
yea if you can wait till tomorrow i can try to get the pin outs for what the fuel level sensor is

the haynes should have wiring diagrams that show you everything you need to know to check it

^^^Do this before you just start replacing things. 2 identical problems aren't always due to the same cause.

MilanoCpe 05-27-2009 12:23 AM

u could always take ur cluster off and check the wires behind it. It's not gonna hurt to try.

Icon_Ed6 06-01-2009 07:39 PM

so what happened wit this???

gondwana1 07-29-2009 03:13 AM

Hi,
please i need assistance from u guys. the "check engine" light came up on my dash. within 10 mins of driving, my fuel gauge went from almost full to empty. Now, d check engine light has gone off, but d gauge remains at empty. I still have an almost full tank. I removed the battery head overnight hoping that it will somehow reset itself. This did not work.
how do i tell what the problem is? Is it from the ecm, sending unit or the gauge? how can i test for these? the car is a 2006 Honda Accord EX. Thank you

gondwana1 07-30-2009 12:52 AM

The check engine light is back on and the fuel gauge remains at empty. Pls any ideas?

Former User 07-30-2009 11:48 AM

Pull the CEL codes and check the fuel gauge sending unit near the fuel pump.

gondwana1 09-07-2009 02:29 AM

Thanks RonJ@HT; I have replaced the sending unit and it works perfectly now.
I have another problem now.
The transmitter on the key unlocks the driver door but when you press a 2nd time, it does not unlock the passenger and rear doors - instead i hear a clicking sound as if they are trying to unlock.
Using the key in the key cylinder produces same results (1st turn unlocks driver door but 2nd turn does not unlock the remaining doors). I cannot use the key to wind down the windows as a result.
However, the door panel master switch inside the car, locks and unlocks all the doors.
Also, the four doors lock on their own when i open and close the driver door with the engine running.
I think this problem may have to do with the MICU or the door multiplexer unit. I have not done a diagnostic on the car since the MIL is not on.

can anyone help me with ideas/explanations so i can fix the problem? Thanks in advance