Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Tech / Misc (https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-misc-15/)
-   -   Fuel pump kicks on but no fuel pressure in lines..HELP!!! (https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-misc-15/fuel-pump-kicks-but-no-fuel-pressure-lines-help-2502897/)

pr3lude1992 02-17-2009 11:37 AM

Fuel pump kicks on but no fuel pressure in lines..HELP!!!

This is on my 88 ef. The other day my car was running perfect went inside a store and came out ten minutes later and the car wouldnt start so I tow it home and find out im not getting any fuel. My main relay's is working perfectly fine and you can here the pump come on so I disconnected the fuel line going to the fuelfilter and no gas comes out when I power the pump. Checked the lines and no kinks or anything. Would my best bet be to try and replace the pump?? Thanks

slomofo 02-17-2009 04:13 PM

Re: Fuel pump kicks on but no fuel pressure in lines..HELP!!!

Do you have gas in the tank? Is there a kink in the line? Is the fuel filter clogged? You sure you're hearing the fuel pump prime?

Pull the pump out, leave it plugged in, then turn the key and listen for a sound.

pr3lude1992 02-17-2009 08:06 PM

Lol yeah theres gas in it... I actually filled the tank about an hour before it happened. I took the lines off the fuel filter and no gas came out the lines when I powered the pump. im 100 percent positive the pumps coming on I took out the back seat and can hear it perfectly. I also used a multimeter to check voltage and everythings good there. Also no kinks in the lines.. I found a walbro pump kit for a 92-00 civic...does anyone know if this will work in my 88 civic? Thanks

wishingiam 02-17-2009 09:23 PM

There's a rubber hose connecting your fuel pump to the bracket it's on, it's possible that that hose deteriorated.

pr3lude1992 02-18-2009 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by wishingiam (Post 37453507)
There's a rubber hose connecting your fuel pump to the bracket it's on, it's possible that that hose deteriorated.

Thats a good possibility or maybe it fell off. Would that matter since the tank is full wouldnt it still pick up fuel??

havok hybrid 02-18-2009 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by pr3lude1992 (Post 37457991)
Thats a good possibility or maybe it fell off. Would that matter since the tank is full wouldnt it still pick up fuel??

I would guess the sock or pick up on the pump is clogged..

Pull the pump.. you will find the problem..

pr3lude1992 02-18-2009 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by havok hybrid (Post 37460405)
I would guess the sock or pick up on the pump is clogged..

Pull the pump.. you will find the problem..

Yeah im gonna do that tonight. I found a walbro pump kit for a 92-00 civic in town I wanna pick up..Will this work in my 88? It doesnt have the electrical connector in the kit either so do you know if they are different connectors or the same? Thanks

havok hybrid 02-18-2009 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by pr3lude1992 (Post 37463642)
Yeah im gonna do that tonight. I found a walbro pump kit for a 92-00 civic in town I wanna pick up..Will this work in my 88? It doesnt have the electrical connector in the kit either so do you know if they are different connectors or the same? Thanks

I beleive they are the same.. the connector should also be the same.. but i cant confirm that..

the pump will work.

If you look in the markerplace you can get a new walbro shipped overnight for 99.. ?

pr3lude1992 02-18-2009 03:46 PM

Thats a good deal but I can pick this up brand new for 75 and have it in tonight as long as everythings the same...I was looking on ebay and they have listings for 88-91 and 92-00 thats why i was wondering if 88-00 were any different and why they wouldnt just put them for 88-00.

havok hybrid 02-18-2009 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by pr3lude1992 (Post 37463984)
Thats a good deal but I can pick this up brand new for 75 and have it in tonight as long as everythings the same...I was looking on ebay and they have listings for 88-91 and 92-00 thats why i was wondering if 88-00 were any different and why they wouldnt just put them for 88-00.

Sounds like you will be good to go.. I was just suggesting that new one at a cheap price in event the hardware was needed

Pick the 75Dollar one and call it deal..