Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2001-2005-78/)
-   -   Suspension noise? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2001-2005-78/suspension-noise-2498773/)

_illmatic_ 02-12-2009 08:49 AM

Suspension noise?

Hey what up HT, I droped my car 2 inches with Tokico Blues and Neuspeed springs. I've been on this step up for about three months now, and all of a sudden now when I turn my wheel all the way to the left or right, as if I'm trying to back out of a parking space or my driveway it makes a little "poping/bumping" sound. Its not associated with accleration or anything, just when I turn the steering wheel all the way. Its also only the front left side. Any help will be appreacted. Thanks!

Harlowe 02-12-2009 08:54 AM

Re: Suspension noise?

Sounds like coil binding. It's common with springs. Maybe reseat your springs, might help.

_illmatic_ 02-12-2009 09:08 AM

So you reccommend I should reseat the springs in the strut?

Harlowe 02-12-2009 09:11 AM

Hmm dunno, maybe. I had this when I had springs, I never did anything about it though.

_illmatic_ 02-12-2009 09:13 AM

Didn't mess anything up? Just kept making that irritating sound?

EM2_PLo 02-12-2009 12:48 PM

I had the same problem you did when i lowered my car with skunk 2's on tokico blues:mad: ...Your strut bearings are probably busted:thumbdown:... replace them and the noise will go away=) ... it worked on mine:thumbup:

http://www.autopartsplace.com/carpar...t-Bearing.html

This strut bearing fits the factory top hat perfectly

_illmatic_ 02-14-2009 02:17 PM

Thanks homie!

gras 03-12-2009 03:02 PM

hey did the noise go away?

I'm getting the same problem. My mechanic said a part of the steering rack which is a mount is busted.

Anyone can elaborate?

I dropped my car about 8 months aback with tein s tech.

01_civic 03-12-2009 07:40 PM

you probably just didn't align it right. just take apart/put everything back together and line up the arrows and it should go away

DynastyRacer22 03-12-2009 09:22 PM

the people at the tire place replaced my strut bearings for me already and the noise is still there sometimes i think you do have to loosen up the bolts on the top and jack the car up and realign it like how 01 civic said

portaman03 03-12-2009 09:33 PM

Does it make the noise while the car is turning in motion or standing still? In motion, might be your axles popping.

gras 03-13-2009 04:22 PM

It makes the noise when car is in motion and sometimes when at stand still.

Also the suspension guy said that my F and R engine mounts needs changing and the 2 big front cradle bushings.

Also the bushing in the steering rack needs changing.

Anyone can elabotate?

likeahstone 03-13-2009 04:55 PM

sounds like your "suspension guy" is trying to make a little doe

tunerkid7 03-14-2009 12:06 AM

i just took mine apart and put it back together and it went away, every once in a while it will make noises or pop, but after a few minuets they go away

thisguyhere 03-14-2009 02:17 AM

Well, I have a pretty similiar situation with the popping noise while I'm driving. I'm pretty sure it's my axle (speedbump).. because I bottom out everywhere :cry:..and I ruptured my cvboot..Hopefully after getting that issue fix the popping may go away.

Jstans84 03-14-2009 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by thisguyhere (Post 37768285)
Well, I have a pretty similiar situation with the popping noise while I'm driving. I'm pretty sure it's my axle (speedbump).. because I bottom out everywhere :cry:..and I ruptured my cvboot..Hopefully after getting that issue fix the popping may go away.

Yeah you might want to get that fixed. Assuming that it is one of your front axle's you are talking about it is easy as hell to replace. I tore my CV boot when I was putting in my TEINs so I just replaced the axle. It was like between 50 and 60 bucks plus a $30 core fee at autozone than you get the $30 back when you bring them your old one. Or you can just pick up a CV Quick Boot Kit for $20 and just repair the boot. But that is your call.

01_civic 03-16-2009 08:19 PM

before u do anything and pay, just take it apart and see if it is properly aligned. if it is and it still makes that noise, then get it fixed. because i had this sound when turning and going over bumps, but after i properly aligned it, the sound went away