Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   EG driverside window hard to roll up and down (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/eg-driverside-window-hard-roll-up-down-2473925/)

myflyintegra 01-14-2009 01:20 PM

EG driverside window hard to roll up and down

My 95 EG dx has manual window and lock(dammit) but my driver side window is super hard to roll down after it gets bout half way, but sometimes it will be hard all the way down, and its hard to get up. Any suggestions off the top of ur head would be nice. Thanks. I have not popped off the panel to look inside or anything., Jus gettin ideas of what it could be.

stevieteg 01-14-2009 01:32 PM

Re: EG driverside window hard to roll up and down

Mine does the same thing, just when it's real cold out though.

Former User 01-14-2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by myflyintegra (Post 37014697)
My 95 EG dx has manual window and lock(dammit) but my driver side window is super hard to roll down after it gets bout half way, but sometimes it will be hard all the way down, and its hard to get up. Any suggestions off the top of ur head would be nice. Thanks. I have not popped off the panel to look inside or anything., Jus gettin ideas of what it could be.

Go to Walmart and buy a spray can of Silicone lubricant. Spray some of this lubricant into both rubber side channels where the window glass slides. No need to remove the door panel. Roll the windows up and down several times. You should immediately notice that the windows roll up and down with much less effort.

trustdestruction 01-14-2009 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by RonJ@HT (Post 37014961)
Go to Walmart and buy a spray can of Silicone lubricant. Spray some of this lubricant into both rubber side channels where the window glass slides. No need to remove the door panel. Roll the windows up and down several times. You should immediately notice that the windows roll up and down with much less effort.

Damnit Ron I was just about to say that!
lol

Haven't seen you on here before

Former User 01-14-2009 01:57 PM

Hey Stuart. I guess the problem might also be a bad or misaligned regulator, but I think Silicone spray is the place to start.

trustdestruction 01-14-2009 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by RonJ@HT (Post 37015132)
Hey Stuart. I guess the problem might also be a bad or misaligned regulator, but I think Silicone spray is the place to start.

yea, definitely the place to start

it's the easiest/cheapest possible solution, so start with it

myflyintegra 01-14-2009 02:21 PM

Well thanks alot guys. Yall are much help. Yea i deff gonna try the silicone thing first. lol. It rolls up and down fine, jus hard, and yea its gets harder as it gets colder. But ima try that. Thanks for the advice guys