Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-crosstour-2003-2012-118/)
-   -   HOW TO CHANGE Turn Signal/ Hazard Relay. (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-crosstour-2003-2012-118/how-change-turn-signal-hazard-relay-2435599/)

DaMenaCe 11-21-2008 03:31 AM

HOW TO CHANGE Turn Signal/ Hazard Relay.

Hey guy. I just started having an issue with my Accord 03's Turn Signal/Hazard. i took the car to the dealers Yesterday. As i was trying to show it to the Service Rep. They started working fine which always happens with every other problem in my car and i cant show em what the problem is. but this around for the first second or two as i was showing it to him it happened and he got an idea. accord to them the Relay is screwed up and need to replaced they ordered the part for 25 bucks and the installation estimate is 90 bucks plus tax. i was wondering if anybody knows how to Replace/change the turn signal/ hazard relay??? shoot i dont even know where its located i am doing my research. but i figured i asked for help on here so if u guys do know ANYTHING plz let me know it will be big help.THANKS

Dennis
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...l+relay+&hl=en

Thats is exactly wats happening to my car

hometheaterman 11-21-2008 04:36 AM

Normally there are a bunch of relays in the fuse box and you just pull them out and push the new one in like a big fuse. I'm not sure if this one is located there or not but if it is shouldn't take more than 2 minutes so $90 sounds like a rip off. Maybe this one is located somewhere harder to get to but I kind of doubt it.

redbull-1 11-21-2008 06:26 AM

Check this post out to view an illustration of the location of the relay in the fuse box.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-crosstour-2003-2012-118/left-turn-signal-not-working-2407618/

George Knighton 11-22-2008 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by DaMenaCe (Post 36467875)
... and the installation estimate is 90 bucks plus tax.

It's a no brainer piece of cake, very easy.

You can see from the drawing the previous poster supplied that there's really no reason to pay somebody $90 to do that...not unless you just have a reason to want to take long lunch break in the dealer's waiting room, or test drive a couple of vehicles while they do it.

:-)

DaMenaCe 11-25-2008 04:48 PM

haha thanks for the replies guys... Redbull1 bro i think looked at that post but i couldnt really tell how was that related to my problem so idk but yea.. thanks and this might sound dumb but is this fuse box is the same fuse box under your hood around the battery ??

redbull-1 11-25-2008 06:19 PM

The relay is located in the underdash relay/fuse box. The turn signal/hazard relay is the box marked "A" in that post, and is what you are pulling and replacing.

DaMenaCe 12-02-2008 06:38 PM

guys i checked under the dash and i found the Relay/fuse now i dont know how to replace it do i just full it out or there is a trick to it... its deep in there so its hard to reach in the first place to begin with so i couldnt experiment with it...

DaiJekBok 12-03-2008 05:57 AM

I just replaced this relay in my wife's 2007 Accord. There are clips molded into the fusebox that engage tabs on the body of the relay... one on either side of the relay. You have to pry these away from the relay and then pull the relay out. I actually broke the clips off as they're so small and fragile, but even then the relay is in there nice and tight -- I ended up using a channel lock wrench to get the old relay out. The new relay will engage the fusebox very tightly and won't move once its inserted even if you happen to break the clips like I did.

DaMenaCe 12-03-2008 05:27 PM

dame bro that sucks... it went out on a 07 model isnt it too early for it to breaking down on u like that ? i hate it when some shit goes wrong and yea i think i know wat u mean i have done that few times with other items haha i will take a look at it and post the results thanks a lot guys...i wanna try to make a video or pictures so in future it might come in handy for total noobs like myself....

DaiJekBok 12-03-2008 07:06 PM

Actually, it should have lasted longer, but there was a water leak at the driver's side A-pillar and the water was making its way down to the fuse box area. The leak got fixed after 2 dealer trips but the relay would (of course) work perfectly when I tried to show the service writer it was acting up because it had gotten wet. I avoided the hassle of another dealer service visit by just ordering the part myself.

Good luck with your fix!

DaMenaCe 01-31-2009 02:17 PM

Re: HOW TO CHANGE Turn Signal/ Hazard Relay.

Alright guys i been away for a while but i just got back on to let you all know (and future readers, dealing with this issue) that the flickering turn/hazard light is indeed a Relay switch issue... which from Honda dealers could cost u around 25 bucks.. probably cheaper from Autozone or something. Paying 100 plus tax at the dealership for installation is NOT ur ONLY option. u CAN do it yourself at home...

Notes-Tips for Removing/Installing this part

- This Relay is located UNDER THE DASH BOARD and Located Deep in so it is very hard
to work under ur dashboard.It's Reslly not impossible even for a real rookie who didnt even know where it was like myself.
- Unless you have some sort of tool to take this thing out.. u will need to wedge something on both side of the relay to hold the "tabs" open unlocking the relay.

- with one/both hands clear and open u will have to pull the relay switch with a great force. as its sort of interlocked, but few good tuggs will get the job done.

- take out the old swith replace it with the new one (try to remember how u took it out if u r afraid of puttin it the worng way in) .. as far as i can remember i dont thik u can install it wrong..

YOU ARE DONE..!!! JUSTED SAVED YOURSELF 100 plus Tax an hour of waiting time at the dealers.. dont know the estimate at the repair shop but nothing beats FREEE!! LOL anyways hope this information made some stuff clear and helped... i apologize if this just did the opposit and made things confusing feel free to write me an e mail or wat confused about something or stuck at some point.... its Djmenace3@gmail.com

yeahitsme 04-18-2009 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by DaiJekBok (Post 36584293)
I just replaced this relay in my wife's 2007 Accord. There are clips molded into the fusebox that engage tabs on the body of the relay... one on either side of the relay. You have to pry these away from the relay and then pull the relay out. I actually broke the clips off as they're so small and fragile, but even then the relay is in there nice and tight -- I ended up using a channel lock wrench to get the old relay out. The new relay will engage the fusebox very tightly and won't move once its inserted even if you happen to break the clips like I did.

I have a 2006 Accord and I need to replace my relay also... so it's inside... is it further up where the fuses are? Did you pull any panels to get to it?

joekc6nlx 02-06-2016 12:34 PM

I tried reaching up under the dashboard in my Civic Sedan, I can't get the darned cable looms that cross over the relay out of my way. Is there a way to get the fuse box down lower so you can work on it with a little more space?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by DaMenaCe (Post 37234942)
Alright guys i been away for a while but i just got back on to let you all know (and future readers, dealing with this issue) that the flickering turn/hazard light is indeed a Relay switch issue... which from Honda dealers could cost u around 25 bucks.. probably cheaper from Autozone or something. Paying 100 plus tax at the dealership for installation is NOT ur ONLY option. u CAN do it yourself at home...

Notes-Tips for Removing/Installing this part

- This Relay is located UNDER THE DASH BOARD and Located Deep in so it is very hard
to work under ur dashboard.It's Reslly not impossible even for a real rookie who didnt even know where it was like myself.
- Unless you have some sort of tool to take this thing out.. u will need to wedge something on both side of the relay to hold the "tabs" open unlocking the relay.

- with one/both hands clear and open u will have to pull the relay switch with a great force. as its sort of interlocked, but few good tuggs will get the job done.

- take out the old swith replace it with the new one (try to remember how u took it out if u r afraid of puttin it the worng way in) .. as far as i can remember i dont thik u can install it wrong..

YOU ARE DONE..!!! JUSTED SAVED YOURSELF 100 plus Tax an hour of waiting time at the dealers.. dont know the estimate at the repair shop but nothing beats FREEE!! LOL anyways hope this information made some stuff clear and helped... i apologize if this just did the opposit and made things confusing feel free to write me an e mail or wat confused about something or stuck at some point.... its Djmenace3@gmail.com