Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   XTR Racing clutch, what ya think? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/xtr-racing-clutch-what-ya-think-2369403/)

Manshiro 08-19-2008 02:17 PM

XTR Racing clutch, what ya think?

ok so Ive ben looking online for some stage 1 or stage 2 clutches to put in my 91 integra, b18a. Now i see a bunch of exedys and i know its a very good company, however i see an XTR racing clutch that is going for 100 bucks less. Any input on weather this is a good clutch, or am i gunna get what i pay for?

neardon 08-19-2008 02:30 PM

Re: XTR Racing clutch, what ya think? (Manshiro)

Is your teg heavily modded or turboed? If not then you should be fine with a oem replacement, I dont see why you would want to put the extra stress on your tranny if you dont need to.

b18c1vtecdc2 08-19-2008 02:46 PM

Re: XTR Racing clutch, what ya think? (neardon)

go oem or exedy freak the ebay clutches i had one before that thing didn't grab good and it was a 6 puck and remember don't get happy break it in properly

bob_long737 08-19-2008 07:37 PM

Re: XTR Racing clutch, what ya think? (b18c1vtecdc2)

I just ordered a stage 2 XTD with a 8LB flywheel... hope it grabs.. my car is all basically stock so I hope it holds up for at least a year or two.

Manshiro 08-20-2008 09:46 AM

Re: XTR Racing clutch, what ya think? (neardon)

My integ is not modified in the engine at all yet the only thing im doing right now is flywheel upgrade and clutch, im just skepticle of the cheaper parts on ebay, and i have heard horror stories from other forums showing pictures of shatterd clutch parts.....i just want to make sure this wont happen to me...im broke haha

ruffrhyder 08-20-2008 10:22 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manshiro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My integ is not modified in the engine at all yet the only thing im doing right now is flywheel upgrade and clutch, im just skepticle of the cheaper parts on ebay, and i have heard horror stories from other forums showing pictures of shatterd clutch parts.....i just want to make sure this wont happen to me...im broke haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd rather get an F1 clutch from ebay, than a XTR kit.

Manshiro 08-20-2008 05:35 PM

Re: XTR Racing clutch, what ya think? (ruffrhyder)

danm that really diminishes my hopes...ive been told by a good source that the F1 kits are horrible....errr

blueDA9 08-20-2008 06:39 PM

ive had an ebay xtr clutch in my teg for about 12,000 miles now, still chirps 3rd with ease.

ruffrhyder 08-20-2008 08:37 PM

Who's your source? I've used 2 in my gsr's and several of my buddies, both NA and FI builds run them, most the builds got over 30k miles and still grabbing strong.

thatblkguy 08-21-2008 08:50 AM

If you read the xtd page they tell you not to use the xtr units because there copies of there clutchs

hondaman1212 08-21-2008 09:06 AM

Re: (thatblkguy)

i just installed the xtd and its a great clutch you can tell when you get it out of the package.the design over oem is obviously better.dont worry i have seen people do the xtr clutches too they work great also all the people saying they dont are hating on ebay parts and have never actually used one.Quit hating

Kendall 08-21-2008 10:01 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manshiro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">danm that really diminishes my hopes...ive been told by a good source that the F1 kits are horrible....errr</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've heard horror stories about ebay clutches, horror stories about high end Exedy units, horror stories about Competition Clutch, horror stories about Tilton clutches, etc. I've used several "horrible" ebay clutches and never had a problem.

ruffrhyder 08-21-2008 11:04 AM

Re: XTR Racing clutch, what ya think? (Kendall)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kendall &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've heard horror stories about ebay clutches, horror stories about high end Exedy units, horror stories about Competition Clutch, horror stories about Tilton clutches, etc. I've used several "horrible" ebay clutches and never had a problem.</TD></TR></TABLE>

X2, I've used Exedy, ACT, Action, Clutch Net, F1, and EXD. All have been good

Freestyle_13 07-09-2009 03:46 AM

Re: XTR Racing clutch, what ya think?

Anyone care to weigh in now? How is your clutch holding now? Does it smell like burning ass yet?

Corksil 11-15-2009 09:59 AM

bump --- I'm about to order an XTR stage 2 with 9.75lb XTR and flywheel. Anyone with XTR clutches or flywheels, plz post up your experience to this date.

the clutch is sposed to hold 269hp and 246ft/lb torque. I'm very attracted to these two products because I can get them to me for 270 bucks shipped.

hellllppp meeeezzz decide. This is a better option than an Exedy stage 1 and flywheel for 600bucks shipped. (I live in hawaii, shipping is like 100 bucks atleast ANYWHERE I look.)

thanks much!

Corksil 11-15-2009 10:00 AM

btw right now my motor is stock but I'm doing a CRVTEC naturally aspirated (eventually fully built) when I get the money within the next 4 months.

larry812 11-15-2009 10:44 AM

i had one on my teg, it only lasted a year and i never took the car to the track or raced it

Corksil 11-15-2009 11:24 AM

thanks, think I'ma go with exedy stage 1 instead. and act prolite flywheel. don't want to put shitty parts into my honda if i have the $$ otherwise.

larry812 11-15-2009 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Corksil (Post 40643917)
thanks, think I'ma go with exedy stage 1 instead. and act prolite flywheel. don't want to put shitty parts into my honda if i have the $$ otherwise.

thats your best bet, i have a fridenza 7.5 FW and act unsprung clutch it like it alot better

hmoobhero 11-15-2009 06:07 PM

stay away from ebay clutches unless its name brand. replacing the clutch is time consuming and expensive if you take it to a shop. so you want to get a good clutch. i got a xtd stg 2 in my gsr and its giving out within a year. ebay clutches are hit and miss.

Bond 11-15-2009 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by ruffrhyder (Post 35153295)
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manshiro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My integ is not modified in the engine at all yet the only thing im doing right now is flywheel upgrade and clutch, im just skepticle of the cheaper parts on ebay, and i have heard horror stories from other forums showing pictures of shatterd clutch parts.....i just want to make sure this wont happen to me...im broke haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd rather get an F1 clutch from ebay, than a XTR kit.

And that REALLY isn't saying much as the F1 clutch is pure poo.

Don't be cheap. Action, ACT, Exedy are not that much money for the peace of mind.

Cheap people... :hammer:

the_augie 11-16-2009 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by blueDA9 (Post 35160288)
ive had an ebay xtr clutch in my teg for about 12,000 miles now, still chirps 3rd with ease.

same here. the company is actually XTD, but for some reason they sell as XTR on ebay. ive got two years, 2 autocrosses, a drag strip night, a road race event on mine, and its a mildy-modified daily that can still chirp third. for $150 you cant go wrong. i bought the stage 3 with the 6puck sprung disc and modified pressure plate, kept the stock flywheel. do it, you wont be mad.

Bond 11-16-2009 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by the_augie (Post 40650709)
same here. the company is actually XTD, but for some reason they sell as XTR on ebay. ive got two years, 2 autocrosses, a drag strip night, a road race event on mine, and its a mildy-modified daily that can still chirp third. for $150 you cant go wrong. i bought the stage 3 with the 6puck sprung disc and modified pressure plate, kept the stock flywheel. do it, you wont be mad.

And the real question is how much power are you making? If you are actually making enough power to get close to their "said" hp rating on the clutches, you would realize they are total sh*t.

for example: making 130whp on a clutch that "claims" 350hp rating isn't going to prove anything. the fact of the matter is they are crap and do not live up to their said ratings.

the_augie 11-16-2009 03:04 PM

im not making that much, but what im saying is.. if a stock replacement clutch kit cost $150 from autozone, and this costs $150 too... why not go for this one?

Mindgamez 11-16-2009 03:19 PM

Worst Clutch IVE EVER BOUGHT! I will never buy another XTD clutch again in my life. Started slipping after11 000 miles. Was done at 13000. Had a stage 2 6puc and it was awful for a DD and it went way to quick for easy driving.