Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Suspension & Brakes (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/)
-   -   How to convert to 5 lugs (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/how-convert-5-lugs-2365120/)

dragonkx 08-13-2008 11:55 AM

How to convert to 5 lugs

I have a 95 gsr, it has a 4 lug and i want to convert it to 5 lug so i can put on type r rims. do I buy a conversion kit or get a like a rsx disks, etc.

Evs-One 08-13-2008 12:06 PM

Re: How to convert to 5 lugs (dragonkx)

Most people just weld on the new hub and call it a day https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

NeverLift 08-15-2008 04:52 PM

hmm...how do you really do it? i'm trying to convert my 4 lug into a 5 lug without spending as much money on a ITR conversion.

It be nice if someone just listed the parts I needed.

BlueIntegraBoy 08-15-2008 05:56 PM

Re: (NeverLift)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NeverLift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmm...how do you really do it? i'm trying to convert my 4 lug into a 5 lug without spending as much money on a ITR conversion.

It be nice if someone just listed the parts I needed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

By the time you buy all the parts new, you'll end up paying just as much as the conversion, if not a little more. On the plus side, everything will be new.

1. Hubs (fr and rr)
2. Calipers brackets (ft and rr)
3. Calipers (fr and rr)
4. Wheel bearings (ft)
5. Lower balljoints (might as well)
6. Rotors (fr and rr)
7. Pads (ft and rr)
8. Rims

NeverLift 08-16-2008 01:44 PM

Re: (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

By the time you buy all the parts new, you'll end up paying just as much as the conversion, if not a little more. On the plus side, everything will be new.

1. Hubs (fr and rr)
2. Calipers brackets (ft and rr)
3. Calipers (fr and rr)
4. Wheel bearings (ft)
5. Lower balljoints (might as well)
6. Rotors (fr and rr)
7. Pads (ft and rr)
8. Rims</TD></TR></TABLE>

but i heard there is an easier way. like an "adapter" or some sort. is there? if so, explain.

NeverLift 08-18-2008 12:23 PM

anyone?

NeverLift 09-16-2008 09:17 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NeverLift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone?</TD></TR></TABLE>

EJ1_Ex 09-16-2008 10:06 AM

you can also purchase prelude 5 lug conversion. I believe they are the same lug pattern. Might be cheaper to go that way.

NeverLift 09-16-2008 10:13 AM

Re: (EJ1_Ex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1_Ex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can also purchase prelude 5 lug conversion. I believe they are the same lug pattern. Might be cheaper to go that way. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont want to spend more $300. as i stated before is there any type of "adapter"?

Fast Frankie 09-16-2008 11:13 AM

Here is someone who offers a 4 - 5 lug adapter. Not really in your price point but I've heard there are cheaper. You should search around...

http://www.skulte.com/index.php/cPath/21

Targa250R 09-17-2008 06:50 PM

Re: How to convert to 5 lugs (dragonkx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dragonkx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a 95 gsr, it has a 4 lug and i want to convert it to 5 lug so i can put on type r rims. do I buy a conversion kit or get a like a rsx disks, etc.</TD></TR></TABLE>
You can piece it together easily with new parts, or you can buy a conversion kit full of used parts needing replacement for roughly the same amount of money. Your choice.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Evs-One &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Most people just weld on the new hub and call it a day </TD></TR></TABLE>
You don't weld anything.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1_Ex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can also purchase prelude 5 lug conversion. I believe they are the same lug pattern. Might be cheaper to go that way. </TD></TR></TABLE>
You don't use Prelude/Accord hubs.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NeverLift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont want to spend more $300. as i stated before is there any type of "adapter"?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Hub adapters should not be used. They cause more headaches than doing it the right way. If you don't want to spend more than $300, then you cannot afford to do this without half-assing it so I suggest that you forget it altogether.