Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   how to calibrate e-manage to gm 3bar map sensor? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/how-calibrate-e-manage-gm-3bar-map-sensor-1641303/)

abmerop18 05-26-2006 07:54 PM

how to calibrate e-manage to gm 3bar map sensor?

i am about to install a gm 3 bar map sensor on my 7thgen and need to know how to calibrate my e-manage so that it has the correct boost reading since i am switching from a 1 to a 3 bar map sensor. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

abmerop18 05-27-2006 07:36 AM

Re: how to calibrate e-manage to gm 3bar map sensor? (abmerop18)

anyone?

TheShodan 05-27-2006 08:45 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by abmerop18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You don't use the GM 3bar map sensor for the Greddy e-manage. You would use the Greddy Pressure sensor (which is 3 bar) to hook up to the unit. The original manufacturer is DENSO, and they use the same pressure map sensor as the APexi' Power FC. If you MUST use the GM 3 bar sensor, plan to change managment altogther for best results, but the pressure sensor from Greddy isn't that expensive, and can be easily ordered.

abmerop18 05-27-2006 11:28 AM

Re: how to calibrate e-manage to gm 3bar map sensor? (TheShodan)

i have the pressure sensor alredy, i was under the assumption that it was used to control the voltage clamp and that it wasnt a map sensor in itself?

mike93boost 05-27-2006 12:50 PM

you need the greddy pressure sensor. yes it is a 3 bar map sensor.

TheShodan 05-27-2006 02:51 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by abmerop18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have the pressure sensor alredy, i was under the assumption that it was used to control the voltage clamp and that it wasnt a map sensor in itself?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No it IS the map sensor. It works in conjunction with your STOCK OEM map sensor. Youd don't disconnect the one to use the other. this really helps with a smooth transition.

abmerop18 05-27-2006 04:07 PM

Re: how to calibrate e-manage to gm 3bar map sensor? (TheShodan)

well i am throwing a code for high voltage to the map sensor. what should i do to solve this then?

Weq 05-28-2006 07:45 PM

adjust the boost cut limiter to a lower voltage. for odb2 civics it should be a max of 2.95v, 2.9v to be safe.

DOnt ask around here for this kind of stuff, look onthe yahoo emanage group. There is a heep of information on how to use a GM 3bar instead of the greddy pressure sensor. Its very easy and these guys are just haters who have no idea what they are talking about!