Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   how to bypass the neutral safety switch. on clutch pedal (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/how-bypass-neutral-safety-switch-clutch-pedal-1548367/)

integra3586 03-04-2006 11:50 PM

how to bypass the neutral safety switch. on clutch pedal

how can i the engine without pushing clutch? is there a way to just jump the starter right on the starter? any help is appreciated

dcRay 03-05-2006 03:13 AM

Re: how to bypass the neutral safety switch. on clutch pedal (B18B-SC)

just trace the clutch pedal and you will see two plugs. you want the top one. just stick a jumper wire in there.

Dogginator 03-05-2006 03:46 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18B-SC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how can i start the engine without pushing clutch? is there a way to just jump the starter right on the starter? any help is appreciated</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why do you want to do this? Are you installing a remote starter?

Switch 17 is the clutch safety switch.

http://www.acuraparts247.com/catimgs/13st70_b23.gif

integra3586 03-05-2006 03:24 PM

Re: how to bypass the neutral safety switch. on clutch pedal (Dogginator)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dogginator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why do you want to do this? Are you installing a remote starter?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

no im actually trying to start the car with out the tranny on it. im just attaching a bell housing to the engine to start the engine.

the reason being, i have been haveing some trouble finding a leak. i dont know if its my oil pan or my rear main oil seal that i just replaced. i want to beable to atleast rule out the rear mail oil seal. this is the second time i have to pull my tranny after i replaced the rear main oil seal.

i cant push the clutch because the slave cylinder is not connected to the tranny

Dogginator 03-05-2006 03:27 PM

I recall that thread. You could probably use a wire tie to depress the safety switch.

sik96teg 03-05-2006 03:39 PM

Re: how to bypass the neutral safety switch. on clutch pedal (Dogginator)

just push the clutch pedal n it will stay down cuz there is no pressure

Sam92Teg 03-05-2006 06:15 PM

Re: how to bypass the neutral safety switch. on clutch pedal (sik96teg)

I pulled the connector off of the switch and crossed the wires. Now I can reach in from the outside and start the car, which is nice when your working on it. I am the only one that drives my car, and I am very careful about keeping the tranny in nuetral.

I wouldn't advise jumping this permanently if you have others driving your car, or you smoke crippy, or drink too much, or take zannies, or smoke blunts, or taking prescription medication. JUST BE CAREFUL IF YOU DO.

integra3586 03-05-2006 09:22 PM

Re: how to bypass the neutral safety switch. on clutch pedal (sik96teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sik96teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just push the clutch pedal n it will stay down cuz there is no pressure</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18B-SC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i cant push the clutch because the slave cylinder is not connected to the tranny</TD></TR></TABLE>

im not just gonna push the pedal and let the piston come out of the slave

i think im just gonna try to jump the starter at the terminals on the starter

T3mp3sT 03-05-2006 09:27 PM

Hey dude, glad ur using my bell housing method. LMK if u need any help

IntegraLS from AZHT
peace!

integra3586 03-05-2006 09:54 PM

Re: (T3mp3sT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by T3mp3sT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey dude, glad ur using my bell housing method. LMK if u need any help

IntegraLS from AZHT
peace!</TD></TR></TABLE>

will do!!!! thanks man