Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   How often do you rotate ur tires??? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/how-often-do-you-rotate-ur-tires-1479430/)

Project_EK 01-01-2006 03:22 PM

How often do you rotate ur tires???

What up,

I just got some new rubber so i wanna try n keep em as fresh as possible. my car is lowered about 3 inchs BTW! i was thinking like every 3 weeks?!?!

lemme know

EGDC2CIVIC 01-01-2006 03:28 PM

Re: How often do you rotate ur tires??? (EKhatch219)

i rotate mine every other oil change, so 5500- 6000 miles

JunY 01-01-2006 03:37 PM

I do mine every Oil change. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emsmileo.gif

dohcVTECeg2 01-01-2006 03:47 PM

Re: How often do you rotate ur tires??? (JunY)

i usually do it everey oil change as well. i like doing all that shit at once while im working on my car

Draggin99Si 01-01-2006 03:48 PM

Re: How often do you rotate ur tires??? (dohcVTECeg2)

every 6k miles

95sivee 01-01-2006 03:49 PM

Re: How often do you rotate ur tires??? (Draggin99Si)

do you have camber kit on your car?

The_Head 01-01-2006 03:51 PM

Re: How often do you rotate ur tires??? (EGDC2CIVIC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGDC2CIVIC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i rotate mine every other oil change, so 5500- 6000 miles</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1

Royal_C!ty 01-01-2006 04:14 PM

Re: How often do you rotate ur tires??? (The_Head)

I dunno i guess call me a lazy, i rotate mine every other oil change lol

wushubrian 01-01-2006 04:15 PM

Re: How often do you rotate ur tires??? (eg8kid)

I do mine twice a year.

civic_in_LA 01-01-2006 05:21 PM

I never rotate my tires period. I just know that I replace my front tires more frequently than the back ones.

There really is no need to rotate tires. It just ensures that at the end you have to buy the four tires at one time.

I dont mind replacing two sets of front tires for every set of back tires.

EJ4door 01-01-2006 05:38 PM

Re: (civic_in_LA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_in_LA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I never rotate my tires period. I just know that I replace my front tires more frequently than the back ones.

There really is no need to rotate tires. It just ensures that at the end you have to buy the four tires at one time.

I dont mind replacing two sets of front tires for every set of back tires.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I do the same thing lol

old man neri 01-01-2006 06:25 PM

Re: (civic_in_LA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_in_LA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I never rotate my tires period. I just know that I replace my front tires more frequently than the back ones.

I dont mind replacing two sets of front tires for every set of back tires.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is only partly true. You are also suppose to rotate your tires left/right (unless they are directional) this compensates for any slight differences from one side to the next. The rear ones go straight to the front and the front ones go to the diagonally opposite corner.

If you have dropped your car 3" and don't have a camber kit rotating your tires will do nothing. It will wear down the inside of you tires regardless on what corner of your car they are on.

EX-T 01-01-2006 06:28 PM

If you don't have a camber kit, I'd suggest getting one...it was one of my best investments towards my car...besides my cam... https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emsmileo.gif

wushubrian 01-01-2006 06:29 PM

Re: (old man neri)

so true... please buy a camber kit cuz your going to spend more on tires anyways...

skrewdriver88 01-01-2006 06:54 PM

Re: (wushubrian)

Every other oil change

JDMlyfestyle 01-01-2006 07:11 PM

i jsut keep the back ones and burn off the front ones.. once the front ones are gone and i get new fronts and put em on the back https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...es/emsmile.gif

Ricey McRicerton 01-01-2006 07:13 PM

Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i jsut keep the back ones and burn off the front ones.. once the front ones are gone and i get new fronts and put em on the back https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...es/emsmile.gif</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, you guys are either on to something, or lazy as shit.

I do mine (front to back because they're directional) every 6-8k.

wushubrian 01-01-2006 07:27 PM

It all depends on how you want to drive and change your tires....

cambopheonix56 01-01-2006 07:29 PM

Re: How often do you rotate ur tires??? (wushubrian)

JDMlyfestyle 01-01-2006 07:30 PM

Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Haha, you guys are either on to something, or lazy as shit.

I do mine (front to back because they're directional) every 6-8k.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i got Summer and winter tires..

and i barely put 8k mileson my car a year

robert_v 01-01-2006 07:57 PM

i never rotate mine either. its been like 1 year and 6-8 months since i bought new tires and they are still in great condition (no camber kits either)

civic_in_LA 01-04-2006 10:04 PM

Yeah really, there is no need to rotate tires.

I had my car since it was new, in 97, and never did I rotate tires. The whole tire rotation thing is a scam and big conspiracy.

Im running on stock tires, they are cheap as shit and not rotating them has no negative impact on them. Like I said, only the front tires get replaced first. Then keep an eye out and eventually the rear ones will go.

anony95ex 01-04-2006 10:12 PM

Re: (old man neri)

Generally, in FWD (and some FWD-based AWD vehicles), rotate them every oil change. FWD really eats up the front tires, and rotating them will actually increase the time between tire purchases. Sure, you'll probably have to buy all 4 at one time, but why buy an extra pair of fronts when they could last until you need all 4 if they're rotated? With RWD vehicles (and most RWD-based 4WD trucks), you can rotate every other oil change (or even less frequently) and be fine. FWD is, IMO, one of the worst design traits to ever hit cars...unfortunately it's so common that finding a RWD car is actually a PITA. It's great that several manufacturers (most notably Chrysler) are going back to a basic RWD layout...damn I hate FWD, I drive it because there's no other choice.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by old man neri &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is only partly true. You are also suppose to rotate your tires left/right (unless they are directional) this compensates for any slight differences from one side to the next. The rear ones go straight to the front and the front ones go to the diagonally opposite corner.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's with older bias-ply tires. Radial tires, directional or not, are supposed to be rotated front-to-back, not crossed. It can cause uneven wear and slipped belts inside the tire, I've seen that happen too many times when people cross-rotate radial tires.

EK k kay 01-04-2006 10:21 PM

Re: (anony95ex)

When you guys say "rotate tires" do you mean actually removing the tire and remounting it either in the opposite direction (non-directional tires) or onto another tire on the other side of the car (directional tires)? Or do you mean swapping the front wheels with the rear wheels?

anony95ex 01-04-2006 10:24 PM

Re: (EK k kay)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK k kay &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When you guys say "rotate tires" do you mean actually removing the tire and remounting it either in the opposite direction (non-directional tires) or onto another tire on the other side of the car (directional tires)? Or do you mean swapping the front wheels with the rear wheels?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just moving the wheels around on the car (usually front-to-back and vise-versa), it has nothing to do with removing the rubber tire from the metal wheel. If you walk into a dealership and ask for a tire rotation, this is what they're gonna do.