I'm not sure how to go about doing it. Does the panel just pull off the door like other hondas? I only see the screw on the door handle. Other than that theres the clips under the arm rest of the door that i couldnt get out for the life of me.
you should be able to go to any auto parts store to get a clip removal tool. its basically like a bent 2 prong fork that goes around the clip and a pry bar action will remove them. many times you have to replace the clip afterwards, but they may have those as well. if not i guess the dealership may have them or could order. im a locksmith and sometimes i have to pull door panels. most of the time the clips are still good afterwards but if not..no big deal.
For the front door panels:
1. remove the screw on the door handle
2. remove the plastic on the side of the arm rest. push in the three tabs towards the front of the panel/car and pull it out from the front since the rear tab is solid and you dont want to break that
3. remove the three screws that will be visible once you remove the plastic piece from step 2
4. start popping the panel off from the bottom. the closer to the plastic screws the better so you dont break anything.
5. push the door handle towards the front of the car to get it unhooked from the door
6. unclip the harness for your window/power door lock
7. lift the door panel up and slide the door handle out
The rear is the same but there is a little plastic trim piece at the top that you just pop off.
The wider the screw driver the better. if it is about 1 inch long you have a better chance of not scratching things/breaking things.
Originally Posted by [url
http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual.htm[/url]]2. Remove the inner handle (A). Take care not to scratch the door panel.
-1 Remove the screws.
-2 Pull the inner handle forward and out half-way to release the hooks (B).
-3 Disconnect the inner handle rod (C).
3. Remove the grip cover (A).
-1 Using a flat-tip screwdriver wrapped with protective tape, pry out the front botton edge of the cover while pushing up the clip (B).
-2 On power window models, release the hooks (C, D) from the power window switch panel (E).
-3 From front to rear,pry out along the edge of the cover to release the hooks (F, G).
-4 Release the rear hook (H), while pulling the cover forward.
4. Disconnect the power window switch connector (A) (for some models) or connectors (A, B) (driver's for some models). Remove the screws from the grip base (C).
5. Release the clips that hold the door panel (A) with a commercially available trim pad remover (B), then release the lock **** rod (C) from a hole in the door panel,and remove the door panel by pulling it upward. Remove the door panel with as little bending as possible to avoid creasing or breaking it.
lol I just rewired my sound system throughout the car because I dont trust anyone else doing it, but basically all the panels in the fit are easy to take off just feel for the clips and pull and most screws either are those push in kind or regular....nothing new, just take it slow and you will be A ok
my home ninja -"id rather not get money from my mom for strippers though just kinda seems f****d up a lil to me"
Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-Tech.com content, comments, or advertising. Honda-Tech.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-Tech.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.