12-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Baytown, tx, usa
Instructions to program a keyless remote for a 1998 Honda Accord.
This might work for other year models too, I can't believe that some guys actually charge for this info so here it is.
Have all remotes for the vehicle on hand, make sure that all doors and rear hatch or trunk are closed during programming, Only need to use one remote to get into program mode but all remotes must be programmed during the same session.
Each step must be completed with in 5 seconds
1. Sit in the car with all doors and truck tightly closed.
2. Turn the key to the on position, marked by "II" on the ignition bezel so the dash lights come on, then with in 5 seconds press the "Lock" button on the remote for 1 second or so and release the button.
3. Turn the key to the off position, marked by "I" on the ignition bezel so the dash lights go off.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 three more times ( A total of 4 times) each step must be done with in 5 seconds of the previous step.
5. Upon the fourth turning of the key to "on" , press the lock button on one remote and the locks will make a cycling sound (clunk) locks will not lock or unlock at this point , they will just make a noise. The system is now in "programming mode" do not turn key off. ( If you only have one remote skip to step 7.)
6. With in 5 seconds of entering the programming mode and within 5 seconds of each other, press the lock button on each remote that you are programming, for a second or so and release. This step needs to be completed with in 10 seconds. Each time a remote button is pushed, the locks should cycle. Up to 3 remotes can be programmed.
7. Turn the ignition off and remove the key. Step out of the car and close the door. The remotes should be programmed and should work. If you have a trunk/hatch release, the button for this feature needs to be held down for a few seconds before the trunk/hatch will pop.
1998 Accord EX Coupe
2002 GMC Sierra
2004 GMC Yukon