|09-21-2005, 08:40 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: with my Benelli :)
iTrader Rating: (1)
How to replace clock light in a 2002 Accord
Well it happened to two of my accords. I didnt want to bother going to the dealer to find out. I spend most of my time working on Integras so I'm unsure how to replace the bulb and remove the whole center console vent area with the clock. I'm assuming I have to unhook some wire and pop off the buttons just like the integra.
If anyone has a how-to or some tips that would be great because seeing as this happened fairly soon after I got both cars, I would have to assume that it happened to a lot of you guys too. Thanks
|09-22-2005, 06:12 AM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Großlittgen, DE
Re: How to replace clock light in a 2002 Accord (jdmspoonitr)
It's a relatively simple process, and the 6th gen accords are notorious for this bulb blowing out. I don't have pictures but I will give you a general process for replacing this. You WILL NOT have to remove the climate control panel, just the clock assembly itself.
1. Use a small flat-blade screw-driver to pry the clock/hazard button assembly out of the dash panel. Wrap the screw-driver in a papertowel, tape, or a cloth to avoid scratching the plastic. This usually works best if you pry from one side then the other.
2. There is a vertical connector for the hazard switch, and a horizontal connector for the clock. Disconnect both of these and remove the clock assembly.
3. I believe there is a plastic cover on the back of this assembly. Remove it using a phillips head screw-driver. There you will see the back of the plastic bulb holder.
4. Twist the bulb holder out of the socket and replace the bulb and holder with a new one purchased from a Honda dealership.
5. Installation is the reverse of removal.
I believe this bulb runs $1.47 from the dealer, which is way too much IMO. You could buy an LED bulb conversion from http://www.ledautomotive.com/ if this becomes a continuous problem.
|03-20-2011, 01:58 PM||#3|
Join Date: Mar 2011
Re: How to replace clock light in a 2002 Accord
We have a similar problem on a 2002 Accord - took the light out tested on a 9 volt battery - the light works fine!! Is there a connection inside the clock cluster that can be loose?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Will any '92-00 Civic/Integra clock spring/cable reel work on my '95 del Sol?||andrey320||Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000)||2||12-09-2015 03:17 PM|
|93 integra clock resets HELP||rmrider12522||Acura Integra||8||05-31-2014 06:17 AM|
|91 civic clock||Bluebeautycrx91||Honda CRX / EF Civic (1988 - 1991)||2||04-28-2014 04:55 AM|
|Odometer Light & Clock Light Not Working||Riga89||Honda Accord (1990 - 2002)||2||09-23-2007 02:17 PM|
|clock blinking, cannot use 6-disc cd changer also - Accord 2004 EX V6||RussianAccord||Honda Accord (1990 - 2002)||5||06-01-2007 11:58 AM|
|1990, 2000, 2002, 2005, accord, bulb, clock, console, honda, hondaaccord, light, pictures, replace, replaced, working|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|