F22a6 question???? tricks!!! - Honda-Tech
Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Accord (1990 - 2002)
Log In 
Search



F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2009, 07:55 AM   #1
New User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 16
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

I got a honda accord 1991 and i want to make some cheap tricks to my engine just to enjoy.... can you tell me some tricks???
dannyelmejor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #2
Member
 
jweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Crofton, MD
Posts: 2,451
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to jweller
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

start here

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1664547

read. learn. enjoy. ask questions. In that order.
__________________
2009-2013- The 4 longest years in American history.
99 accord coupe I4 5-spd
08.5 Mazdaspeed3 GT
jweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #3
New User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 16
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweller View Post
start here

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1664547

read. learn. enjoy. ask questions. In that order.
Thanks I appreciate it!!!
dannyelmejor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
Honda-Tech Member
 
Brad_and_the_acc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MIdwest City, ok, USA
Posts: 780
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyelmejor View Post
.... can you tell me some tricks???
Ill sell you some "cheap tricks". She`s on the corner of Main St. & Robinson. OKC. 50$ an hour.
Deal?

Get some piston return springs on the beast. 200hp I PROMISE!

On a real note.
Im not sure I would put "Cheap" and "Engine" in the same sentence.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archidictus View Post
one-off supercar that probably handles like a sack of dicks when it's not pointed straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stackz View Post
you know what a sack of dicks handles like?
Brad_and_the_acc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
New User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 16
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_and_the_acc View Post
Ill sell you some "cheap tricks". She`s on the corner of Main St. & Robinson. OKC. 50$ an hour.
Deal?

Get some piston return springs on the beast. 200hp I PROMISE!

On a real note.
Im not sure I would put "Cheap" and "Engine" in the same sentence.
my engine is stock n i just want to make some tricks that i could do by myself!!!
dannyelmejor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
Honda-Tech Member
 
Brad_and_the_acc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MIdwest City, ok, USA
Posts: 780
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

What kind of tricks do you want man?
There is no hockus pockus shinanigans.

Clean your air filter or buy a new one.
Make sure you have decent spark plugs.
Good condition plug wires.
Good battery.
Make sure your tires are in good condition.

I dont know dude? What do you want? There a plenty of tricks you can do to get more HP out of a modded engine. But if you want to get 100hp from casting a spell on a STOCK CAR its not gonna happen.
It takes money or know-how to make power kid. If you have the know-how you can buy "cheap" parts and do it yourself.
If you dont, you can buy "cheap" parts pay somebody to install them and when they "break" or "take a $#!t" on you they will need to be replaced.

Do it right the first time.
Do some RESEARCH!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archidictus View Post
one-off supercar that probably handles like a sack of dicks when it's not pointed straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stackz View Post
you know what a sack of dicks handles like?
Brad_and_the_acc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
New User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 16
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_and_the_acc View Post
What kind of tricks do you want man?
There is no hockus pockus shinanigans.

Clean your air filter or buy a new one.
Make sure you have decent spark plugs.
Good condition plug wires.
Good battery.
Make sure your tires are in good condition.

I dont know dude? What do you want? There a plenty of tricks you can do to get more HP out of a modded engine. But if you want to get 100hp from casting a spell on a STOCK CAR its not gonna happen.
It takes money or know-how to make power kid. If you have the know-how you can buy "cheap" parts and do it yourself.
If you dont, you can buy "cheap" parts pay somebody to install them and when they "break" or "take a $#!t" on you they will need to be replaced.

Do it right the first time.
Do some RESEARCH!

ok son... this is what i want to do.. i want to put a f22b head on my f22a6 block.... and i live on florida and whats btter a short ram intake or a cold air intake????
dannyelmejor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
Honda-Tech Member
 
Brad_and_the_acc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MIdwest City, ok, USA
Posts: 780
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

CAI vs SRI?
It has been debated over and over. Its up to you man.
CAI, gets colder air with a more stock sound.
SRI, it whistles and it doesnt make as much hp. (a whole 1 MMMAAAYYYBBBEEE 2hp) lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archidictus View Post
one-off supercar that probably handles like a sack of dicks when it's not pointed straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stackz View Post
you know what a sack of dicks handles like?
Brad_and_the_acc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #9
Honda-Tech Member
 
accord_raffi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Westford, MA
Posts: 1,292
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to accord_raffi
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

about a 1 horsepower difference sounds right to me lol
__________________
1996 Turbo Honda Accord LX *SOLD*
1999 Saab 9-3 Viggen *Current*
CD Squad Member #196
accord_raffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #10
New User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 16
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

ohhh ok but i did a research and whe i live it rains everuday so the cai it harmful. but ill see thank you!!!!
dannyelmejor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #11
Honda-Tech Member
 
FunnyVictor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 761
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

or you could get a two piece CAI and get a AEM bypass valve
FunnyVictor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #12
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: inland empire
Posts: 326
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

many people with cb7's use the f22a4 exhaust manifold and the A pipe. the tubular shape "header" that the f22a4 uses is a good flowing "header". I believe I have heard that it is very compatible to dc headers for the cb7's. I have an f22a1 motor with f22a6 intake manifold, f22a6 camshaft, and the pt6 ecu and the f22a4 "header". it runs a lot stronger than the stock f22a1 obviously. also, you can use the h23 upper portion of the intake manifold and mate it to your f22a6 runner. you are going to have to use the h23 t body of course.
jhondayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:19 AM   #13
New User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 16
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhondayang View Post
many people with cb7's use the f22a4 exhaust manifold and the A pipe. the tubular shape "header" that the f22a4 uses is a good flowing "header". I believe I have heard that it is very compatible to dc headers for the cb7's. I have an f22a1 motor with f22a6 intake manifold, f22a6 camshaft, and the pt6 ecu and the f22a4 "header". it runs a lot stronger than the stock f22a1 obviously. also, you can use the h23 upper portion of the intake manifold and mate it to your f22a6 runner. you are going to have to use the h23 t body of course.
thanks bro!!!!!!
dannyelmejor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #14
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 94
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

is it true that also the f22a6 cam out of a stock accord NON VTEC is more aggressive and is said to be good for another few ponies, possible to find for 40-50 maybe a little more.
TheRookie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:46 AM   #15
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Jersey
Posts: 13
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRookie74 View Post
is it true that also the f22a6 cam out of a stock accord NON VTEC is more aggressive and is said to be good for another few ponies, possible to find for 40-50 maybe a little more.
Yes. The cam is more aggressive so you'll need the valve springs from the f22a6 to compensate. You mate that with the h23 intake and some cheep ebay headers or the exhaust manifold on the f22a6 and you bring It from 125hp to 140hp. Oh. And the cpu I think it's a pt6. One other thing u need. I can't remember but I'll look it up.
builtcb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:25 AM   #16
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 72
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

STOP LOL! Have you actually checked what engine you have? Read the dam block 1991's didn't have the F22A6 if you have a ex its F22A4 if you have dx,lx its F22A1
kevinhughes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #17
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 203
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

I thought the 1991 SE had the F22A6, the EX has the F22A4 - meaning it doesn't have the variable intake, A6 cam, or ECU tuning. 130 HP stock.

Just take care of your car. Without serious $$, its never going to be that fast. It CAN be a reliable, tossable, good handling, fun to drive car that gets good fuel economy as long as you keep up the maintenance.

You can get essentially a short-ram intake by buying a cone filter w/ a 3" ID and a piece of 2" ID PVC tubing. Use some friction tape to build up the tubing as needed. Remove the airbox, install the tubing, then clamp the filter onto the tubing. Will it give more power? MAYBE 1-2 hp. But it's going to be about the same as a complete short-ram kit for less money, and it will make the intake really loud.

That made me think - Can the dual-path intake plenum be installed on a F22A1/A4 motor without other mods? I'm guessing the intake plenum is worth around 5 HP and a broader torque curve.
masospaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:41 AM   #18
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 72
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: F22a6 question???? tricks!!!

If a 1991 HONDA ACCORD SE is what you have they too came with the F22A4 correct me if I'm wrong but the F22A6's were 92-93 only. Please check your engine stamp on the block and post what engine you have because it will vary what you can do with it performance wise.
kevinhughes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to pass an e test integra_101 General Discussion and Debate 23 06-05-2013 07:38 PM
Clever little Tricks thenext Tech / Misc 27 08-23-2011 07:31 PM
HELP slamming with ebay coilovers (stock shock trick?) dirtyharryhatch Suspension & Brakes 7 06-21-2008 05:10 PM
"rear washer trick" for the camber kit!? KMk51188 Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) 5 04-16-2006 09:46 PM
washer camber trick phuster Acura Integra 11 05-10-2005 09:19 AM


Tags
1992, 90, accord, camshaft, engine, exhaust, f22a4, f22a6, header, honda, intake, manifold, parts, performance, questions, tuning

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



 
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:20 PM.


2014 Copyright, InternetBrands Inc.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-Tech.com content, comments, or advertising. Honda-Tech.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-Tech.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.