90-97 HONDA ACCORD CB CD JSK Coilover Suspension 599 shipped.
thinkin of ordering it and try it out.
JSK Coilover suspension system features high-performance handling shock absorbers with adjustable dampening force, designed specially for Street Sport. Driving behavior improves with better control and grip while still comfortable to drive under any road circumstances. Driver is given full adjustability to suit his/her own driving style, whether for track performance or daily driving conditions.
16-way adjust dampening force :
Giving drivers various options of set-ups for various driving conditions.
Full height adjustable bracket :
Allowing the car height to be raised or lowered.
Patent rubber upper mounts :
Reducing noise level and road bumps effectively during driving.
Large size, high precision pistons :
Helping to produce hard damping force when driving in poor road conditions or high-speed turn-ins, ensuring safe driving.
Large size shock cylinders :
Helps reduce oil temperature effectively during long-enduring driving and also improving stability of dampening force.
High-pressure nitrogen gas filled Struts :
In high temperatures, bubble formation inhibits within, thus reducing oil temperatures effectively and stabling dampening force.
Its funny you should post this because of the description of these coilovers.
1) Look at the description. It has no spring rates even though has dampning control.
2) Go and look at other systems in the SAME price area, the descriptions are very similar, and vague. They basically tell you that it does what a damn coilover is supposed to do anyway. Its not a REAL feature... its how any system will behave. Nitrogen filled...yeah all of them are lol wtf mate!
3) Most cheap systems are made in foreign countries with no R&D. Thus they have poor unmatched valving. Ill explain in 4
4) Basically, these cheap kits do not match the spring rate properly to the valving of the shock. This is due to cheaper cost and no R&D..they give a stiff spring with a soft shock to simulate dampning, but they never match. You do have dampning control HOWEVER, I would not expect much from the dampning system, they are often cheap and do not adjust properly.
You would have like 3 on one side and 5 on the other and 6 and 1 or some ****. IT WOULD PROBABLY BE THAT WAY EVEN IF YOU TURNED THEM THE SAME. These shocks just are not performers, so why waste time and money, i was taught to do it right the first time and move onto the next project
5) Lastly, go to Function and Form, or any major suspension brand website. Or even look for their products from the same website you were on. What you will notice is that the description of the system and the R&D results are more detailed and precise. That is why you pay more.
6) I would recommend saving 300 more and going with a Ksport, or Form and Function system. They have a proven record, and many guys with our accords run them.
7) You are going to pay $600 + Shipping= $800.....go to the Honda-tech Marketplace, the vendors will sell Form and Function and all the good ones. They are only $850 shipped and perform the **** out of these JSK's. I just got quotes for a bunch last week from PM-ing a bunchof vendors. They were all $850-$950 shipped.
8) Suspension is a critical component, it wont take you long to save up the cash for the nicer ones, especially since you would really pay the same anyway....so why not go for the gold.
you always get what you pay for, cheap suspension is bumpy, valved horribly, and does not carry a long warranty....they do blow out frequently...so imagine it blowing at 70mph....not fun
hope this helps
These motors are made for the small handed japanese
I have these on my Integra and I have been really impressed with them. The pistons are very large and the strut bodies are super beefy. The rates are 8k F and 6k R and the are 20 way dampening adjustable. I've had F&F type 2's in the past and these are way beefier and sturdier than the F&F were. Just my input. Worth the money IMO.
Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-Tech.com content, comments, or advertising. Honda-Tech.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-Tech.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.