I've been trying to figure out how to reset my ecm and/or dtc. I cannot find these answers in the FAQs area or elsewhere on the web.
1. Is resetting the DTC the same as resetting the ecm? I'm confused and there seems to be conflicting knowledge about this out there.
2. how do you reset or clear the DTC w/o an OBDII diagnostic tool?
3. if answer to question 1 is no,
a. how do you reset the ecm?
b. Which fuse do I pull?
c. is it fuse 13 on the passenger side or some other fuse under the hood?
4. Is revving the engine at 3000 rpm in neutral until the fan comes on the same as resetting the ecm by pulling the fuse?
5. what result does revving the engine at 3000 rpm in neutral until the fan turns on produce?
6. if the answer to Q 4 is no, is there a shortcut to getting the same results as Q 5?
Now some background info to my problem:
I recently put a newish (64kmi) f23a1 motor in to replace my tired (140kmi) motor.
The car drives but is in a limp mode, hitting the rev limiter at ~2950 rpm
The auto parts store pulled code p1361 only. I promptly had the store erase the code. I started the engine, and the CEL came on immediately after starting. Checked dtc again, got P1361 only.
According to the info i can find on the www is that its a top dead center (tdc) intermittent or absent signal.
According to this link http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...c-sensor-noise
I should reset the ecm first (the reason for my questions) and see if the code returns. If the code returns, check the resistance on the sensors.
I'd greatly appreciate any answers to my questions. Please itemize your answers with numbers like my questions. Sorry, I'm a detailed oriented person and hate to waste time with confusing message replies to get exactly what I (and possibly others) need.
Thanks so much,