Wheel and Tire

Tire Review: Nitto Motivo

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Review: Nitto Motivo

Hello everyone,

I recently had the opportunity to test out a new line of tires, courtesy of Rhino Custom Detailing of Huntington Beach, CA and Nitto Tires. The tires are called Motivo and they are an all-season performance tire. When it comes to calling yourself a car enthusiast, I would consider myself your average Joe. My car is used primarily as a daily driver, but I enjoy a few modifications to stand out a bit from the monotony of a stock vehicle. The fact that my vehicle is primarily used to commute to and from work, I tend to look for something that is an all-season style of tire that won't sacrifice its performance integrity and the Nitto Motivo tires fit the bill perfectly.

My primary concerns when purchasing tires, especially when its a tire that will be driven on daily, are: noise level, comfort, treadwear, and performance (not particularly in that order). My initial thoughts of these tires were that they met 3/4 of the criteria I look for in a set great tires. The reason why I said 3/4 is because I've only driven on these tires for ~250 miles so I cannot comment on the treadwear just yet. The noise level of these tires are practically non-existent and that's a big plus for a daily driver. When it comes to comfort, the Motivos are better than some of the other brand of tires I've had in the past such as: Dunlop, Falken, etc. I've noticed with other tires that the sidewalls either feel a tad too soft, while others felt overly stiff creating either a "mushy" or harsh ride feel. With the Nitto Motivos, this does not seem to be an issue. The sidewalls feel solid and not overly stiff, thus providing a comfortable ride feel. Performance-wise I would have to say that cornering feels sharper and the Motivos have excellent grip on dry pavement. Although I've only driven these tires in dry weather, they are suppose to perform equally well in wet-weather. Once I have more mileage on these tires and have driven them in different weather conditions, I will write an update to address those questions. All in all, I've really been impressed with these tires thus far and it's always a good feeling when we know we are on a quality set of tires that does its job well. Additional information about the Nitto Motivos can be found at http://www.experiencemotivo.com/ . I also want to state that I am in no way being compensated by Rhino Custom Detailing or Nitto for this review, I was simply given the opportunity to test out these tires and all the opinions stated in this review are my own and not that of Rhino Customer Detailing or Nitto. Thanks for reading and hopefully you'll enjoy these tires as much as I do.

Tire size: 235/35/19 on a 9.5" wide wheel AND 275/35/19 on a 11" wide wheel

Tire Specs:
UTQG Treadwear: 560
Traction: A
Temperature: A
Treadwear Warranty: 60,000
Attached Images