quiet performance tire?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 08:49 PM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quiet performance tire?

Hey guys, need some halp.

Im currently running a set of Hankook Ventus R-s2 tires in 205-45-16 and they are ****ing LOUD >:/

its louder than my exhaust : / Its too bad cause they are still in great shape with like 70% tread left

Its not the axle or hub or anything, its positively the tires.

What are my options as far as keeping a decently sticky tire for some occasional drives down Pacific Coast Highway and all around good handling, yet quiet enough so i dont loose my freaking mind?

Car isnt drag raced, it rarely rains here in Socal, and it usually pretty warm. I do have a nice suspension setup, so id like it to still stick somewhat, not like roadcourse crazy, but still fun to drive.

i used to be about Grip, Treadwear, and Queit being last on the list but now i want

Quiet, Grip, if treadwear suffers because of it, so be it, as long as they are super freaking abnormally quiet.

I know im asking for 2 things that are on opposite ends of the spectrum, but im sure there is a nice balance out there.

Kind of like how the Apexi Ws2 is a really nice quiet exhaust, stock like, but still gives good flow, i want the tire version of that.

Super quiet, but with good performance, i dont care if they wear quicky. It will be worth it..... damn, im getting old

thanks for any advice

Edit: tires were pretty quiet when i first got them, but they are abnormally loud now, id like a tire that stays quiet for the lifetime of the tire.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quiet performance tire?

performance and quite luxury are trade offs. You may just want to go with regular radial tires.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quiet performance tire?

Im currently running Kumho XS'. For the performance and handling Ive gotten from them, they're pretty damn quiet.
Like MiraiZ said, performance OR quiet.
Rarely (if ever) do you get both.