Wheel and Tire

Cracked regamaster help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked regamaster help

I have a regamaster that's cracked at the lip on the inside. Is it possible to repair it knowing that it's a forged rim?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Cracked regamaster help (DCtooD)

nope.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cracked regamaster help (PeopleAgainstJDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PeopleAgainstJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Regamasters aren't forged! </TD></TR></TABLE>

you're an idiot You shouldnt post in this section if you dont know WTF your talking about.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DCTooD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it possible to repair it knowing that it's a forged rim? </TD></TR></TABLE>

like touge said......no
Old 07-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PeopleAgainstJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Regamasters aren't forged! </TD></TR></TABLE>
Ha better do your research foo regamasters are your rota's aren't

And to the others thanks for your help
Old 07-21-2007, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DCtooD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And to the others thanks for your help </TD></TR></TABLE>

goodluck finding a replacement. It's pretty rare that they crack.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cracked regamaster help (HateBreeder)

Not when you live here our roads are all effed up!
Old 07-22-2007, 08:51 AM
ll COGNAC ll

That is almost signature worthy.

Guess he searched and found out that he was wrong, doesnt seem like he wants to come back in here.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cracked regamaster help (Remyessy)

I really don't expect him to know cause he's PEOPLE AGAINST JDM
Old 07-27-2007, 09:54 AM

No, you can't repair that. Welding it could be possible, but it wont last. Regamaster doesn't make forged wheels..
Old 07-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (--FELIX--)

how can rota make the same exact rim and it be 2 to 3 lbs heavier.

regas are forged.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: (PeopleAgainstJDM)

Well one of my sw388"s just cracked. Same spot, inner lip, dent plus about a 1 inch crack.

Before you ask, they are not Rotas.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:41 AM

well. theres a shop who speacializes in repairing rims. its out of the country. i sent them my spoon sw388 and my evos. they were able to fix it but 2 downside they said, 1st is that the structural integrity of the rim is altered meaning to say its repaired and the rims considered weak( they didnt give me a receipt for liability purposes) 2nd they couldnt match the paint for my sw388 and same as my white evo. but nevertheless the repair was nice. it cost me $75 to ship it there, $10 fix then another $125 to get it back here. i know im an idiot. but it was the only way i could sell the rims. until now my friend uses the rims without any problem. i can email the pics of before and after. i dont advice fixing and keeping it because its dangerous. regamster and spoon doesnt crack, its like paper that tears most of the time on the inner lip and regamster rims arent made in japan. its made in russia by desmond. spoon actually had them make the sw388 and patented the color black and desmond started making evos in diff color. rota slips on the other hand was actually requested by this group of guys in the phils i wont tell who) brought the original spoon sw388 and asked to be copied. they didnt copy the whole thing intentionally so they cant be sued. like the lines on the side and the way it curves from the lip. even the sticker on the spoke was copied by this sticker company in the same country. nippon on the other hand made the same rim and in the phils, copied even the lines on the side. rotas are 12 pounds and spon are 8.8. ive loved this rim eversince . all my hondas have it. it started like 45,000 pesos which is $900 7 years ago then it went up to like atleast $375 per rim. just sharing my experience with this rim. if i in any way hurt your feelings with this post , im very sorry.

Modified by michaeg6 at 2:55 AM 8/5/2007

Modified by michaeg6 at 2:57 AM 8/5/2007

Modified by michaeg6 at 3:00 AM 8/5/2007
Old 08-06-2007, 01:38 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Cracked regamaster help (michaeg6)

i think peopleagainstjdm is just jealous he doesnt drive a pimped out "jdm" car, hence the name and the "h8'ing"

how would a sw388/evo not be forged? it comes from a big reputable factory, its stamped forged, and SPOON of all companys puts thier name on it, mr people against jdm can hate on spoon all he wants but nobody can deny the level of quality spoon offers

and how about other forged mugens, forged works, forged racing harts, and there are more brands that offer lightweight forged wheels, so you mr peopleagainstjdm can go suck a fatty
Old 08-06-2007, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well whatever they are...they cant be repaired correctly if they are cracked..sorry and good luck on finding a replacement
Old 08-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Cracked regamaster help (Opossum Jenkins)

Desmond Regamaster went out of business no ???
Maybe cuz they got sued over their forged wheels ??
Old 08-07-2007, 01:52 PM

very good info in here
Old 08-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PeopleAgainstJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The SW388/Evo wheels are CNC'd from billet. How much pressure is applied to that billet? We don't know as the company no longer exist. There might also be a high amount of magnesium in the wheels to shed some weight but that will also make the wheels more brittle and subject to stress fractures and tears.

FullRaceAcura, you state that the wheels are stamped "forged"? I can't possibly see how they are stamped on the wheels since they are CNC'd. And judging from the pictures I see, I do see a nice forged sticker on the desmond wheels though.

You also state other wheels being forged, Mugen, Work, Racing Hart. That is true, these companies do offer "forged" wheels. But, if you actually "read" the thread, I only stated a fact about the Mugen RNR not being forged.

Mugen has lately offered forged wheels under the MF10, MF8, and GP wheel. These are probably the best quality and strongest forged wheels as they are private labeled by Rays Wheels (same company that makes Volk). However, they also made cast wheels like all the old school Mugen wheels like RNR, M7's, etc. And the RNR has the same problem as the Evo/SW388 wheels.

Work - CNC billet for the Meister S1 and Emotion (forged version), but they don't offer it anymore. They only offer their cast stuff now. Their stuff is overpriced for cast wheels. Except the Emotion, it's cheap because its made in China.
Racing Hart - CNC billet on the CP035. Discontinued. They only make bling bling wheels now.
BBS - mold forged technology but their technology is outdated and over priced.
Volk - mold forged technology. Lightest weight and strongest wheel.
Enkei - cast using a MAT process. This is lightweight and strong.
Advan - cast using a MAT process. This is lightweight and strong. Wonder who makes them?
SSR - semi forged? More like high pressure casting. lol
iForged - CNC billet face
HRE - CNC billet face
Rota - cast
Drag - cast
Spun - cast
Konig - cast
Lenso - cast

Anything else you want to know about the land of JDM, FullRaceAcura?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What problem does the Regamaster EVO and SW388 share ?? cuz Im looking ot buy a set .
Old 08-08-2007, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cracked regamaster help (Rob.)

he states, "more brittle and subject to stress fractures and tears"
wow if thats all legit info thats pretty interesting
Old 08-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good stuff PeopleAgainstJDM
Old 08-10-2007, 03:51 PM
わたしは。。。

Default Re: Cracked regamaster help (gabebauman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gabebauman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good stuff PeopleAgainstJDM </TD></TR></TABLE>

I concur, he backed up his OG statement and shut some people up.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So is it not possible to cnc a forged block of aluminum? Cause in a way that would still be considered forged right?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a set of 16" Spoons and had one split all the way through the spoke from a track event a long time ago. Just so happen to have another split at the very same spot after another track event.

-Victor
Old 08-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cracked regamaster help (97 TYPE-R 312)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97 TYPE-R 312 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a set of 16" Spoons and had one split all the way through the spoke from a track event a long time ago. Just so happen to have another split at the very same spot after another track event.

-Victor</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you sure they were Spoons ? All that moeny for rims, gone to waste ?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, I know they are Spoons. I just found a spare so these are dedicated track wheels now.

-Victor
Old 08-14-2007, 03:05 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rob. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Are you sure they were Spoons ? All that moeny for rims, gone to waste ? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, Victor's wheels are Spoons, same factory that makes the Regamasters.

In their defence, it was five years of mostly track driving.

The first one broke while I still had them, and it was replaced out of stock at A&J Racing in British Columbia.

Victor found a cheap replacement for the second one, which happened much more recently.

I'm not sure why we're hearing about this now except many of these wheels are now seven or even eight years old, and many have them have seen very hard duty on the track.

Quick Reply: Cracked regamaster help