Wheel and Tire

Anyone ever bought tires from Tire Rack.com?

Old 03-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Anyone ever bought tires from Tire Rack.com?

So looking to get a new set of rubber... Gonna dish out the extra $ for warranty, looking to pick up tire at ether Americas tires or tire rack... Both offer warranty but really feel better about having a shop like Americas tire install the tires plus if I need to get them fixed at anytime could go to any location. I'm still kinda confused on how Tire rack does repairs or warranty coverages but seeing if anyone has some info they could share???
Old 03-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever bought tires from Tire Rack.com?

yes 2 times now...fast shipping and call rudy....he can help ya out...i had local place install tires droped another 40.00 and still made out better then buying local...local BFG's 110 each...tire rack was what 63.00 each plus the 10.00 to install
Old 03-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've ordered hundreds of tires from them - literally lol! Ummm...your question is a little tough.

I have worked for a very large tire and wheel company since 96'. If a customer comes in asking for a tire that I do not stock in our warehouse, and tire rack does, then I will apply there warranty(ours to the customer) as long as they buy the tires from ME. If they order the tires online, and then bring them to me to have mounted and balanced, then I won't give them any sort of warranty(i.e free rotations/flat repairs/road hazard etc.). Does that make any sense? lol
Old 03-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Um kind of lol...
So if i had order a set of tire from Tire rack through a company ( ex Al's tire shop)
then i would have gotten Tire Racks price? but all of company ( ex Al's tire shop) perks they offer: free rotations/flat repairs/road hazard etc??
Old 03-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tire rack uses certified shops in ur town and warranty through them.

Tirerack is legit!

Just ordered 22s and tires Friday for my dodge
Old 03-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my main thing is: how does Tire Rack's warranty work? opposed to a different shop that offers it?? Would i have to pay for the repairs & then Tire Rack would re-averse me for that? Seems a little confusing to me, i would much rather try what Clean Rice said to do: buy from a shop at tire racks price and deal with a shop rather then wasting time else where.... but also could try & see if any shops like Americas tires or Sears would price match. Doesn't hurt to try!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, I can't speak for your local tire shop, but if you buy them directly from Tire Rack, I give you no warranty. You MIGHT get a road hazard warranty from them, but all the service work you would have to pay me to do. If you bought them from me, then all of the service work would be free.

*edit

America's Tire will price match ANYONE. I worked at one of our locations with America's Tire literally at the end of the block, I printed out a ficticous quote for tires and wheels @ my cost, gave the quote to my friend to see of they would price match that for him and they said they would. They didn't want to, they got a little pissed about it, but they said they would. So that tells me that they are willing to actually go in the hole in order to get someone's buisness. Stupid. While some people will take advantage of that to the fullest, it's only a matter of time before there doors close because of it.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If the shop carries the wheel or tire they should match their price but I know for the wheels and tires I bought the shop didn't carry them but would order through tire rack and then mark up the wheels so they made a profit. They told me I would be better off to order the wheels online and buy the tires through them since their markup was ridiculous. But they would still warranty the wheels since they are a certified tirerack installer.

Make sense?
Old 03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Different shops get different discounts. A mom and pop gas station/tire shack isn't gonna get the same discount from Tire Rack as say, Les Schwab would.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Right. Guess I shoulda mentioned I was working through discount tire. Idk if u guys have those where u r from but they are like a les schwab or similar..
Old 03-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've bought from Tirerack a few times (even had them installed at TR in south bend in one case), but it seems like nowadays you can get the same price from local stores. By the time you add shipping and local mounting/balancing it comes out at a wash. If you add in the STATE TAXES you should be paying on April 15th, it's definitely a wash.

Then the fact that you have to lug tires around to get mounted, etc. I just go to the local places now.

I had TR road hazard warranty a few years ago. Its pretty good for tire repairs, but awful for tire replacement. For the repair, you could go anywhere, get the tire fixed on your dime, then fax the warranty service the signed invoice and they'll mail you a check, maximum $25. IF you have something that cant be repaired, you have to wait until they approve it first. That sucks big time if you're on a trip or something that you dont have a few days to wait around. Then you'll find out that they only reimburse for the cost of the tire at the TR price.....

IMHO, I would just do your research on TR and go with the local shop.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats exactly what I tell my customers^^
Old 03-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tirerack is the bomb!
Old 03-07-2011, 01:00 PM

Thank you for the kind words!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I always buy from them because the local shops 1. dont have what I want 2. prices are outrageous
Old 03-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think the question is, who HASN'T bought from tirerack.com.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

tire rack= awesome
Old 03-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what about tires.com?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just bought some Yokohama S drives from tire rack and had them at my door step in 2 days Good price too.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought some Kuhmo XS from tire rack and had an issue with the tire coming apart after like a week. I called and spoke with Peggy and emailed her pictures of the damage. Nothing was ever done after that. Left numerous messages and what not. I was not contacted by her or anyone from tirerack. They do have good prices but in my experience the customer service was terrible.