Notices

INTAKE PLENUM FOR TWM ITBS.... iacv?

Old 04-10-2007, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INTAKE PLENUM FOR TWM ITBS.... iacv?

This post is just to show you guys my plans for the intake manifold that im actually goin to be using to make my itb plemun. i have the 60mm twm b16/b18c5 itbs. I would really like tony the tiger to help me out on this one. if you could post pics of how you ran the iacv to the vacuum manifold and which line goes where from the iacv to before the throttle bodies and after.

i plan on cutting the manifold close to the actual plenum and welding on flanges that will bolt to the itbs. i will also be using gaskets to seal between the itbs and the plenum.

any other suggestions....
Old 04-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: INTAKE PLENUM FOR TWM ITBS.... iacv? (electric_rex)

whats the theory behind all of this work?
Old 04-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electric_rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i plan on cutting the manifold close to the actual plenum and welding on flanges that will bolt to the itbs. i will also be using gaskets to seal between the itbs and the plenum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you not going to have an issue hitting the fire wall ? On top of the runners being about 6 inches or so, the itb's are about that long as well.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electric_rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This post is just to show you guys my plans for the intake manifold that im actually goin to be using to make my itb plemun. i have the 60mm twm b16/b18c5 itbs. I would really like tony the tiger to help me out on this one. if you could post pics of how you ran the iacv to the vacuum manifold and which line goes where from the iacv to before the throttle bodies and after.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The idea is pretty simple... I made a thick flange which the IACV bolts onto, and made various passages. At the side there are two outlets (3/8" and 1/4" NPT), and they have hoses that are hooked up to the vacuum log. On the IACV, one port goes through and right into the plenum itself (manifold vacuum), the other is the atmospheric side. I have two hoses at the atmospheric side that goes to the vacuum log so I will never run into issues with not enough flow and getting proper idle/stalling issues.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: INTAKE PLENUM FOR TWM ITBS.... iacv? (RCautoworks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RCautoworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you not going to have an issue hitting the fire wall ? On top of the runners being about 6 inches or so, the itb's are about that long as well. </TD></TR></TABLE>

like i mentioned in my opening post i plan on cunning really close to the plenum on the sheetmetal manifold to clear the firewall. hopefuly i shouldnt run into any clearance problems.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Supernatural &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats the theory behind all of this work?</TD></TR></TABLE>

maximize midrange and throttle response.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: INTAKE PLENUM FOR TWM ITBS.... iacv? (Tony the Tiger)

tony on the iacv which ports go to what. i still dont understand which port to run to the vacuum manifold and which to run to the ...?