Notices

Business for sale.... maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Business for sale.... maybe?

I know i havent been the best of business men... and have had a lot of stuff change in my life within the past few weeks and just dont have the time and energy to keep running Exploited Racing.

I prefer to sell the business as a whole.... and contrary to what im sure most think i have a decent customer base and market.

I have not fully decided on this matter yet but heres basically what your buying...

3-year old business "Exploited Racing" (name can be changed)
Lease of a 900 Sq. Ft building in West Allis, WI (milwaukee)
2-Axis CNC vertical Mill (TRAK K3 with DXF) - $26,000 (less than 1 year old)
All equipment found in shop...

$700 Bandsaw
Lincoln Square Wave TIG 175
Miller Pro-MIG 185
Powdercoating spray booth (HotCoat) - $1000
Eastwood Professional Powdercoating system - $800
NOS Nitrous Refill Station - $800
Any flange inventory
The website domain name (if you even want it)

I sold about $65,000 of products in 2003 and about $110,000 in 2004

I usually run the business by myself but do have part time work come in on occation from time to time to help out.

Im asking $45,000 for the business how it is (some products are still owed to customers)

PM me or Email me at GSXTboost@hotmail.com if your interested.

Also the business will include all the DXF files for making the flanges.. AND when i purhased the mill i never took the classes to learn how to use it so whoever buys it can still take them for free.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:18 PM

O yea most people are interested in what kinda costs it takes to run the business heres what i was paying......

Lease - $350.00/month
CNC mill - $360.00/month
Phone/DSL - $105.00/month
Gas/Electric - $200/winter month with heat on $100 in summer no heat
Old 04-03-2005, 10:26 PM

how much is owed to customers? quote it in a dollar amount
Old 04-03-2005, 10:30 PM

roughly $2000-$3000 of parts.... most of it is stuff like intercooler pipes that need to be fabricated.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Re: (ExploitedRacing)

Wrong section pal. post this in "scams" or the "your fucked" section...
Old 04-03-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: (FastEK9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FastEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wrong section pal. post this in "scams" or the "your fucked" section... </TD></TR></TABLE>

let him sell his business in peace, and then people wont have to deal with him any more. he admitted to being a bad business man, just leave it at that(as long as people still get what they paid for).
Old 04-04-2005, 12:18 AM

Default Re: (envision2teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FastEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wrong section pal. post this in "scams" or the "your fucked" section... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ha. Ha. Ha. Just stuff like that is what i dont want to deal with anymore.

I forgot to mention theres TONS of small stuff that comes with the shop...

Piping, Fittings, Clamps, R/C Nitro Powered Car, Kurt Clamps for Vice (2 at $500/each), end mills, collets, chucks, a few hundred pounds of steel for flanges, my eagle talon which i dont have time to finish...

The talon alone has a lot of parts in it.

6-Bolt Block (honed & Hot tanked), Wiseco Pistons, Eagle Rods, Clevite rod and main bearings, ARP headstuds and mainstuds, balanced crank, stainless valves 1mm oversize, fidanza cam gears, carbonfiber timing belt, bronze valve guides, crower titanium retainers, crower stiff valve springs, prothane motor mounts, other random stuff i cant remember.

Its all included. I dont have room for it and dont want to deal with it.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:26 AM
I can has title

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I give you a for trying to get everything sorted out and admitting your a bad business man. Good luck with your sale.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:50 AM

To his credit (I've never done any business with Exploited), he does have some nice equipment over there.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Brandon Clifton)

I hope you make everything right. I know how hard it is to start/keep running your
own business. I try the same here in Germany since some month. Working the whole day in your real job and after this in your own.

Howerver - I wish you all the best.

http://www.mkr-turbo.de.vu
Old 04-04-2005, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good luck man. i hope you make a great fireman.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: (silly4lude)

why dont u just change ur name, and recreate yourself and business?

Rich
Old 04-04-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: (SJcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SJcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why dont u just change ur name, and recreate yourself and business?

Rich</TD></TR></TABLE>

Theres more to it than just that. Its not that i have such a terrible rep. its other stuff.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:47 PM

if i could get a loan, i so would buy it all... it's kind of a dream of mine to own a shop, and it seems that just buying your equipment is well worth that $45,000, even if i had to pay the customers back the a few grand back that is owed to them...
Old 04-04-2005, 04:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Vanilla Sky)

Another scam? What is the $45,000 for? Whomever pays that will get a couple grand worth of cheap equipment and take over leases. Who has ever heard of paying to take over a lease? You aren't buying any equity.

Let's see; actual value of:

Exploited Racing's name/ website: Most likely in the negative thousands of dollars. Any smart entreprenuer would definately ditch the name which has a bad rep.

CNC Mill: You said it was a $26,000 Mill, but then you said you were paying $360 a month, which means it is just a lease on a CNC mill. Actual value: $0.

Business space: It's a freaking lease. Actual value $0.

Bandsaw: $700 (new)

Lincoln Square Wave TIG 175: $1600 (new)

Miller Pro-MIG 185: $480 (new)

Powdercoating spray booth (HotCoat) - $1000

Eastwood Professional Powdercoating system - $800

NOS Nitrous Refill Station - $800

Any flange inventory: $3000 owed to customers, so obviously there is nothing is stock. Come on, people. So actual value: -$3000.

So, if you ditch the name, and assuming all the equipment that you are actually selling is in perfect condition, the company you quoted is worth about $2400. Where the hell do you figure it is worth $45,000?
Old 04-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (beepy)

I agree with the dude above me

What do you actually get for the 45k? Sounds like whoever buys it has to take over payments on a lot of items
Old 04-04-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: (beepy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beepy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">CNC Mill: You said it was a $26,000 Mill, but then you said you were paying $360 a month, which means it is just a lease on a CNC mill. Actual value: $0. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont know this for sure, which means you dont either, so dont go spouting off.

but most likely the $360 a moth is to run the machine. i.e. bits, and upkeep.

i have no reason to defend the guy, but i also dont think he needs to be ripped into when he is obviously making the best decision for 'the business'. he is clearly not a good business man/doesnt have the time to be one.

like i said before, as long as he makes straight with everyone, let him sell his business in peace.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:55 PM

Ok so since I MYSELF dont own the mill means i cant ask any money for it????

I would use the money from selling it to pay for it.

Anyways i decided not to sell biz yet.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExploitedRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok so since I MYSELF dont own the mill means i cant ask any money for it????

I would use the money from selling it to pay for it.

Anyways i decided not to sell biz yet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you were smart, you would be asking for HELP.... as in hiring employee's, people that could help you take your business further than you have ever imagined.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExploitedRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok so since I MYSELF dont own the mill means i cant ask any money for it????
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct. Just like you can't sell a car until the loan you have on it is paid off or someone else is taking over payments.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (backpurge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by backpurge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Correct. Just like you can't sell a car until the loan you have on it is paid off or someone else is taking over payments.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually he could sell the mill, as long as the buyer knows theres a lien on it. The mill would get paid, and whatever is left over would get pocketed.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: (triple_s1x)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by triple_s1x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Actually he could sell the mill, as long as the buyer knows theres a lien on it. The mill would get paid, and whatever is left over would get pocketed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct, but he's saying the mill is worth retail, which it's not. He'd be lucky if someone could even take over payments on something that is less than a year through the loan.

We're not talking about a sausage factory here... everyone knows the sausage business is where the money is at.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (backpurge has a scat fettish, beware of IDB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by backpurge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Correct, but he's saying the mill is worth retail, which it's not. He'd be lucky if someone could even take over payments on something that is less than a year through the loan.

We're not talking about a sausage factory here... everyone knows the sausage business is where the money is at.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If someone is able to take over payments or not, is up to the lending firm, and they would making payments at the current lien value. Which with the mill being less then a year old, pretty much the current owner wont make dick on it.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Business for sale.... maybe? (ExploitedRacing)

Wow, first Hyperformance and now you guys. What's happening in the West Allis/West Milwaukee area?! j/k!

BTW, I didn't know you had a Talon. Sounds like it would have been a monster. How much are you asking for the motor itself? If you drive by our gas station, you'll see my black 1G sitting in the front garage doors of Sea Auto.

Good luck. I'll spread the word...heck, I might have to look into this myself!
Old 04-06-2005, 04:31 PM

What gas station? where is it located?

Quick Reply: Business for sale.... maybe?