Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

CT WTT: Megasquirt'd 91 Miata for your Honda

Old 04-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT: Megasquirt'd 91 Miata for your Honda

Miata For Trade

Up for trade is my 1991 Mazda Miata VIN JM1NA3519M1227273. 129,xxx miles. I have owned the car for 5 years and have only put about 5,000 miles on it in that time. It has been garaged since I owned it. Many new parts on the car that I will list. The car was briefly turbo charged with a Greddy turbo kit. I only had this kit installed for about 100 miles as the turbo leaked oil and was removed. The remains of the kit include a Megasquirt MS1 for engine management which eliminates the stock Mazda AFM. There are also 460cc RX7 injectors still in the car. I will be trading the car with the stock narrowband o2 sensor installed and if additional tuning were to be done (which it will) a wideband o2 sensor and gauge would be required (This can be discussed and I'll leave the WB02 in the car). A/C and all A/C parts have been removed although the hookups at the firewall are still present. Cosmetically the car is a 6 or 7 out of 10. The paint is just ok and there are some rust repairs at the rear rocker panels. Also a large chip in the front bumper. Mechanically the engine is healthy with no leaks or smoke. The only other "modifications" other than listed below is a Racing Beat cat-back exhaust.

This car is ready to be turbo'd. Buy a manifold, turbo, and downpipe and you are done. I have an intercooler kit I will throw in. I will help you tune if you are local. Let's make a deal!

New parts:
Timing Belt
Water Pump
Front brake calipers
Front brake rotors and pads
Rear brake pads
Lowered on adjustable Coilovers in front and lowering springs in the rear
Koni Yellow struts all around
Rear tires with less than 1,000 miles on them
Cam Angle Sensor seal replaced
APR Carbon Fiber mirrors
Front tie rods
Front Ball joints
Recent alignment
Power steering belt
Alternator belt
Single piece clutch line installed
New clutch slave cylinder
Torsen 4.1 rear diff with new poly differential mounts
ACT heavy duty clutch
Stock resurfaced flywheel

Issues:
Airbag light flashes a code 6 occasionally, which means “Faulty air bag modules or poor connection of clock spring connector”.
The top will leak if driven in the pouring rain.

This is a modified car with non-stock engine management. I would like to trade to someone who is familiar with tuning cars. On days when it is nice enough to drive this car I am usually riding my motorcycles so it is not getting the love it deserves. No test drives. If you would like to talk please PM me and we can talk over the phone. The car is low, the suspension is tight. If you are local and need help tuning I would be happy to help. If you want to negotiate I'll even throw in the laptop I tune the megasquirt with. Let's chat.

Cars I'm looking for:
5th gen civics (must be clean)
6th gen civics
5th gen Preludes
2nd gen Integras (must be clean)

I am in Stamford, CT.

Last edited by nonvtecD; 04-10-2014 at 11:59 AM.