Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S Prelude 2000 Turbo, Super Clean, SSR Wheels, Lip kit

You are buying the CLEANEST
most well rounded

2000 Honda Prelude you will ever find.

• I have owned and cared for this car as a member of a family for 10 years. The car is in excellent mechanical and physical condition. I would say a 9/10 mechanically and physically.

• Paint color is a rare crystal blue metallic and as you can see from the pictures looks beautiful on the car.

• I get compliments on a daily basis about how clean and well put together the Prelude is.

• The car is built to be a daily driver, reliable, functional, and fun to drive.

• The Turbo kit was installed and tuned professionally by the most respected shops in Chicago. It rides so smooth, you would think the Prelude was turbocharged from the factory. Drives like a stock sti or Evo.

• Turbo spools up quickly and delivers power smooth and consistent throughout the entire band. I have never had a glitch or turbo spike.

• Starts up every time no matter what the weather conditions, runs like brand new. This car has been meticulously put together and tuned to drive and enjoy.

• Idles perfectly from starting fast idle to idling at operating temp.

• check out the pictures of the engine bay you will see the time and effort I spent keeping the intake temps and engine bay cool.

• I heat wrapped all the piping, turbo manifold, installed a quality turbo blanket, and then a heat shield blanket on top of that to, not to mention wrapping the entire down pipe up to the cat. I even sprayed the heat wrap with heat resistant paint.

• This makes the engine bay temps feel just like the Prelude was stock, which keeps the reliability and consistent temps even in 100 degree weather no pr oblems.

• Suspension is brand new and incredibly solid. Handling is one of the Prelude's strong suits in stock form already. With this custom suspension, it feels like it is stuck to the ground on turns/corners (again, very similar to my Z which is a purposefully built track car). The drop is absolutely perfect with no rubbing.

• Most importantly, the transmission was professionally rebuilt within the last 6 months or so and operates perfect. Each gear shifts smoothly with no grinds or notchy feeling. (tranny is a common problem on used ludes)

I will list the mods below, most of them have been installed within the last year including motor, turbo kit, fully rebuilt tranny, lip kit, carbon fiber hood, wheels and tires, etc...
THE REASON I AM SELLING THE PRELUDE

I no longer have the same passion for the modding hobby anymore so I felt this should go to someone whom will appreciate it and enjoy the Prelude as much as I have. I sold out and purchased a 370z (I thought the Z would be a lot faster, but after driving it and the Lude, seems like the same power output).

Modifications

*JDM H22A motor w/ 55,000 miles from a 96 Prelude in Japan which is known to be a more solid platform and being reliable for boost. This car was carefully thought out

Custom Turbo kit including:
• T3/T4 Turbocharger
• FMIC (front mount intercooler)
• Turbosmart wastegate
• HKS SSQ BOV (blow off valve)
• Hallman MBC (manual boost controller)
• RC 550cc fuel injectors
• AEM high flow fuel rail
• High output fuel pump
• P13 ECU custom dyno tuned at 7-9 psi putting out 250-275 HP to the wheels.
• Custom 3" downpipe
• Full 3" custom exhaust with high flow cat
• Vibrant dual tip muffler
• NGK 1 step colder spark plugs
• autometer 5" satin rpm gauge with shift light
• autometer 2.5" oil pressure gauge
• autometer 2.5" boost/vacuum gauge

Additional Modifications
• Blox 68mm Throttle Body with port matched OEM intake manifold
• NGK spark plug wires
• manual timing belt tensioner installed
• Fully rebuilt transmission with perfect smooth shifts better than brand new, even smoother shifts than my new Z
• PSPEC Short Throw Shifter
• Custom weighted and balanced shift **** with numerical gears etched in
• Custom shifter extender with multiple height adjustments, currently extended 2"
• Custom shift boot with matching custom console cover (black with gray piping)
• momo B brake
• momo floor mats
• aluminum pedals
• Original OEM leather seats (look at the condition, incredible)
• Pioneer cd/mp3 stereo w/ ipod adapter. Just hook your ipod up and listen
• Authentic Honda OEM full lip kit (Purchased and shipped from Japan, very hard to find)
• OEM spoiler
• silver high temp painted calipers
• upgraded EBC Ultimax front and rear rotors
• Competition Clutch stage 2 clutch and lightened flywheel
• Intrax Springs with KYB adjustable AGX shocks/struts
• RARE SSR Competition TYPE C wheels gunmetal with polished lip 18x7.5 +42 offset (these are impossible to find anymore and if you do, they are crazy expensive)
• front and rear carbon fiber license plate frames (real cf)
• Brand New Hankook EVO ... 215/18/40 Tires
• VIS Carbon Fiber hood in perfect condition. No cracks stratches, fading or imperfections (less than a year old).
• 3M Di noc covered side view mirrors and pillar trim to match the CF hood
• Viper 791xv alarm with remote start and clutch bypass and motion sensors
• 35% window tint all around
• full size OEM spare (rim and tire don't look great though)
• original owners manual that came with the car
• Momo grid metal floor mats are included and picture in trunk

*Recently done mechanically to ensure buyer will get a trouble free car (as I would want to purchase this Prelude in optimal mechanical condition)

-replaced clutch master cylinder
-cleaned EGR, IAC, Air intake filter (these are known for clogging and causing all sorts of hard to diagnose idling/stalling issues
-oil changes ever 3000 miles with only the best mobile 1, royal purple, amsoil, etc... plus only quality filters.
-only ran 93 premium gas with this motor and turbo kit (make sure you do the same)
-transmission fluid changed and flushed with rebuild
-all fluids inspected and topped off during engine/turbo install
-replaced fuel filter
-alignment done with installation of lowering springs
-exhaust inspected and verified no leaks
-inspected fluids for leaks with none found
-Cleaned, shampooed, detailed entire interior

This car has never seen any sort of track what-so-ever, and has not been lent out or driven by anyone besides myself.

VIN#JHMBB6141YC003683 Clean Title, No accidents - 16,250$

Feel free to call or text me at 847-732-5662 Steve

Minor Imperfections
• 2-3 very small door dings only noticeable right up close
• remote start works every morning to warm the car up. For some reason it becomes intermittent throughout the rest of that day. I have no idea why but it has always been this way.
• small imperfections in driver side leather seat
• Paint matching the lip kit is difficult, so there are slight variances in color compared to original paint. Only noticeable if you know it and are looking for it.
• small chips on the very bottom of the front lip which have been touched up and can only be seen if you bend down and look right at it from up close
• switches are no longer in use, they were used in the past for misc but can still be hooked up to power anything. They are LED switches that light up in blue