Selling my VTEC D16Z6 swapped 1979 Civic CVCC. I did this swap about 3 years ago and have hundreds of hours of time/labor into this car and thousands invested in it. As best I can remember, here's what all has been done to it:
- Full D16Z6 engine swap (engine has 121k on it), complete with the ECU, wiring, gauge cluster, etc which required a ton of work - modified passenger side frame rail, custom crossmember, custom mounts, modified firewall, custom throttle assembly, and custom in-tank fuel pump assembly (see pics). This is NOT your average teenage ricer "drop in" engine swap.
- New distributor (from the infamous Distributor King), wires, and plugs
- Cable D16 5 speed transmission with new LuK clutch and lightweight Fidanza flywheel
- Custom shift linkage
- Custom axles
- 99-00 Civic Si wheels with new 195/50/15 tires
- 4x100 hub conversion
- 4 wheel disc brake conversion
- CRX Si calipers all around with EBC Sport rotors up front
- "tucked" rear bumper
- flush mounted clearance lights
- Pontiac Sunfire seats
- All molding holes on sides of the car have been welded up and ground smooth - no filler here! (see pics - also, not in the pictures, but the bare metal was sprayed with self-etching primer, and then a cover coat applied, so it does have "spots" now!)
- Complete new exhaust from the header back
- First generation Honda Prelude center console (has since been painted black)
- Rare OEM front mud flaps
- One full coil removed from front springs (to even out the ride height)
- Probably some more stuff I'm forgetting
Onto the pictures:
This car is truly one of a kind and one of only a handful in the country with this (or a similar) swap. The car does have a modern radio/head unit installed (not shown in the pictures). The car does NOT have A/C as it was originally a California car and never had A/C installed. The interior is actually in pretty good shape, although the carpet is a bit faded and there are some cracks on the dash. The body is in pretty decent shape - it has a dent on the driver door and some general dents/dings on the body - and RUST FREE which is extremely rare for first gen Civics, even in non-rust states. Regarding the body, however, please see my note above regarding the "spots"!
The car runs and drives great, and is completely street legal/registered and is PLENTY quick. Clear title in hand.
I'm in Dallas, TX. I would like $3,000 OBO - if you've got a serious offer, I'm open
More pictures of the "spots". Again, I only say "spots" in that the paint doesn't quite match perfectly. We just used the best "off the shelf" color-match we could find. In person, it does match a BIT better. For some reason it looks darker in the pics.