Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

1959 Euro VW Beetle - Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1959 Euro VW Beetle - Virginia

1959 Euro Type 1 - Vin 2297864

Not your typical honda-tech car, but you never know.

This car is a beautiful 1959 Type I. The car was pulled from a field by the previous owner who put in the work to get this car roadworthy again. The car was in solid shape, not having any major structural rust or damage. The heater channels on both sides were generally solid, however some welding was done on both and evidence is visible from within the front fender wells. This appears to be the only areas on the body that received any major attention. The body was repainted a non-original color gold, which looks perfect for this era of car. The outside as well as interior areas were repainted. The chassis still has its original pans. The battery tray on the passenger side was getting a little thin, and it has been removed and a reproduction patch panel let in.

The interior was in fairly good condition to start out with, as during the cars abandonment, all windows appeared to stay intact. The door panels are originals, as is the headliner. Seat coverings were made to match the aged look of the door panel colors, which should be original for this car. New black carpet was also added. The original radio is still in place, and works if you can find a decent AM station.

The mechanicals were in great condition when the car was found, needing hardly more than a liquids change and general cleanup. The car still has the original 36hp motor, crashbox transmission, and 6v electronics. One change from stock is a Crane ignition module to replace the points. The brakes are still drum all around.

The work on this car was done in the late 80's, early 90's and the car has been a driver since then. It has always been stored inside. The previous owner used it to teach his kids to drive on. It was then used as a daily/weekend driver to enjoy. 20+ thousand miles were put on the car until an opportunity to pick up a new vehicle arose. The car landed into my hands 5-6 months ago thru the samba. Now, I am finding myself in a situation where I need to save to purchase a new house, and this is one of the unfortunate victims.

It is currently sitting in my garage. It is used as a daily driver when I do not take public transportation to work, and has never let me down. The paintwork does show its age, it is not a show winner but it is by no means ratty looking. You wont be embarrassed to take it to weekend car gatherings or cruising. There are two small flaws that I can see. On the lower drivers side quarter panel, there are some small signs of paint bubbling. On the lower edge of the passenger door there is a small hole. These two flaws are barely noticeable, and dont take away from the beauty of the car at all. The engine runs great. It fires up first try (even with the 6v electrics) and has that classic beetle sound. It has more than enough power to take you around town, and it will cruise at 60-65mph once it has enough time to get there. The transmission is as smooth as a crashbox can be, and does not pop out of any forward gear, or reverse. The steering is nice and tight, and this car has excellent road manors. The whitewalls have plenty of life left in them. The semaphores are currently taken apart, I have another pair out of a same year car to R+R. All electronic components work on this car with the exception of the turn signals. Somewhere in the conversion from semaphores to fixed signals something has gone loose.

I am asking the same price that was asked before, $7000. I am flexible to offers, but would prefer no trades. Please feel free to email me at azarrella@hotmail.com or call at 703.298.2620. I can have pictures of any part of the car for you thru email, or would welcome you to come out and take a look at the car in person.

More pictures are avaiable thru: http://thesamba.com/vw/classif...85331

Modified by ceas at 6:11 PM 6/12/2005
Old 06-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1959 Euro VW Beetle - Virginia (ceas)

bump, bump. (I know it wont do any good, just trying to delay spending money on ebay.)
Old 06-21-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: 1959 Euro VW Beetle - Virginia (ceas)

bump for old school
Old 06-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1959 Euro VW Beetle - Virginia (mattmattmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattmattmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahaha

Nice try editing the post

Modified by BS 22 at 6:31 PM 6/21/2005