Transmission & Drivetrain Gearboxes, Differentials, Clutches

Clutch?? Slave?? Master Cyl?? Cant figure this out NEED HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch?? Slave?? Master Cyl?? Cant figure this out NEED HELP PLEASE

OK, I got a 92 Honda Accord 5 spd

Bought it about two months ago to the day and ever since I got it it grinded going into third.. About a month after having the car I was driving and couldnt get it into any gear pumped the clutch a bunch of times an it worked an drove home.. Next day I couldnt get it out of gear when I tried starting it so I checked fluids and the MC reservoir was empty so i filled it and drove for another couple weeks... Acted up a lil so I topped it off and drove fine... Finally the transmission got stuck in gear a couple weeks ago and Im pretty sure it broke off in third so I got a transmission at the junk yard out of a totaled accord from the rear end hoping that the tranny is good...

Me an a couple buddies that are pretty good with cars did the tranny swap, filled fluids, bleed hydraulic system... Drove the car out the garage and the gear shifting wworked in all gears with no grinding BUT it started seeming like the clutch is slipping... Ill press the gas and as long as I feather it it will drive fine in all gears but if Im in gear and step on it the RPMs go up but the car doesnt speed up, also, it was starting to get very hard to shift into gears at times...

So I did a bunch of research on here and read to bleed it over and over and over, and so I did... Now its not only seeming like its slipping when its in gears when you gas it, it also shakes horribly when Im taking off in each gear

Anything helps at this point as long as Im saving money and learning how to do this on my own... THANKS
Old 01-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Re: Clutch?? Slave?? Master Cyl?? Cant figure this out NEED HELP PLEASE

shaking is usually motor mounts. check those. also have u adjusted the rod down by the clutch pedal? it sounds like that may be the problem. under the dash the rod that goes to the slave from the clutch pedal, may be too tight keeping the clutch lightly dis engaged
Old 01-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

of course this is assuming that u have put in a good clutch and had ur flywheel surfaced
Old 01-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Trial User

Motor mounts are good... The shaking didnt happen until after I started bleeding the air out the hydraulic system more.... well I never changed the clutch just the transmission... guy I got the car from changed the clutch last year an I wasnt having problems with the clutch, or at least I dont believe
Old 01-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Trial User

If you have been slipping the clutch alot recently then you have hot spotted the flywheel and possibly warped the disc, etc. This will cause your shaking issues.

The slipping could be because like said before, now that you put in another trans and hydrualics have changed you may have too much bearing preload and is causing the clutch to slip. Which the slipping then causes what I advised above.

What clutch is in there?