Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Would it be possible to do an Auto to manual swap in a 1st gen CR-V with an Integra transmission?

Old 11-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would it be possible to do an Auto to manual swap in a 1st gen CR-V with an Integra transmission?

I have a supercharged CR-V with the B20b, and the AWD system and the auto transmission is really limiting me. Would it be possible to install for example an Integra Type R transmission in that car? What other hardware would I need, I am assuming ECU from a manual CR-V, pedals, master cylinder (Integra or CR-V)? etc. kind of a wierd project, but if anyone has any info I would be gratefull.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Re: Would it be possible to do an Auto to manual swap in a 1st gen CR-V with an Integra transmission

Yes it is possible. Since it is a B-series engine, then the conversion will be VERY similar (if not the same as) to doing the conversion in a Civic/Integra body.

Do a search for auto to manual conversions and you'll find lots of info.

The basics you'll need obviously are:
Transmission
Clutch/flywheel/pressure plate assembly
Clutch pedal
Assorted lines/bolts

Then depending on your car, you may or may not need axles, transmission mounts, intermediary shaft, starter, etc. Again, depending on your car/application, you might not need all the things listed there. For example, I ran my stock automatic LS ECU when I swapped it to a manual. I kept my automatic brake pedal, cluster, and center console.

Unfortunately, not too many people do work with CR-V bodies. Good luck.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Would it be possible to do an Auto to manual swap in a 1st gen CR-V with an Integra transmission

I am guessing I will need a custom transmission mount. I am also unsure what complications the RT4WD system will involve.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Which tranny mount? If its the rear, let me know what you end up doing if you get to it before I do. I'm trying to bolt the CR-V's manual 4wd tranny into my sol and I'm running into a bit of trouble with that rear mount.

Hang on a sec, you want to disable your RT4WD in favor of a manual tranny?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No, I want to keep the RT4WD
Old 11-11-2005, 05:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justint &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No, I want to keep the RT4WD</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then you're stuck with the stock tranny unless you want to fork out several thousand bucks for a custom tranny.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justint &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Would it be possible to install for example an Integra Type R transmission in that car? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Your not gonna be able to bolt the transfer case up to it. What's wrong with a 5-speed from a 1st gen crv? If you dont like the gearing you may be able to swap the integra gears in. (but i dont know that for sure)