Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Upgraded Fuel Map on ECU (Questions??)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgraded Fuel Map on ECU (Questions??)

I was just wondering what this actually means and what effects a richer fuel map has on tuning the car.

Q1: does this basically richen the whole map by a certain percentange, or just certain parts of the fuel map?

Q2: With an upgraded fuel map, does this mean if you were running a raised fuel pressure to compensate, the upgraded map will compensate for some of the added pressure, thus making it possible to lower the fuel pressure slightly?

Q3: Am I just totally lost on the whole subject?

Q4: Should I be flamed and called a n00bie?

I have tried search and found pretty much nothing.

I am running a skunk2 ECU (from about 2 years ago). It's a P72 ECU.

I want the knowledge as to what the richer fuel map encompasses, and it's effects.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Upgraded Fuel Map on ECU (Shft@9GSR)

Basically what you have is a prog that just dumps more fuel from where ever SK2 programmed it.... It very well could be through the whole band.... It will have a different curve around your VTEC x-over as well as on the ignition timing... I can see that from Q1 that you basically understand what is going on... Really it can do either it all depends on the prog. On Q2 the ECU isn't quite that smart so it's not going to start pulling fuel to compensate for a raised value fuel pressure. No you shouldn't be flamed on this is a cool question and i hope that i answered so that that you could understand it... Peace
Old 12-12-2002, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Upgraded Fuel Map on ECU (JDMspecEG6)

Thanks. You summed it up nicely.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Upgraded Fuel Map on ECU (Shft@9GSR)

I was just wondering what this actually means and what effects a richer fuel map has on tuning the car.

Q1: does this basically richen the whole map by a certain percentange, or just certain parts of the fuel map?

Q2: With an upgraded fuel map, does this mean if you were running a raised fuel pressure to compensate, the upgraded map will compensate for some of the added pressure, thus making it possible to lower the fuel pressure slightly?

Q3: Am I just totally lost on the whole subject?

Q4: Should I be flamed and called a n00bie?

I have tried search and found pretty much nothing.

I am running a skunk2 ECU (from about 2 years ago). It's a P72 ECU.

I want the knowledge as to what the richer fuel map encompasses, and it's effects.
if you have a skunk2 program, that means you're using the fuel map that skunk2 programmed in there when they were doing their R&D they made it best fit to their a/f mixture for their setup... doenst necessarily come close to everyone's setup its just like the mugen n1 program ... I personally reprogram the individual maps at various RPM bands to best suit the customer's motor/ mods on the motor hence the reason I usually ask for the mods on a motor before I reprogram anyone's ecu.

Greg