Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Wierd Alignment Issue - Left Toe Will Not Stay in Spec - PLEASE Help.

Old 08-19-2003, 07:57 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Wierd Alignment Issue - Left Toe Will Not Stay in Spec - PLEASE Help.

Okay guys I have done hundreds of alignments on all sorts of stock and lowered Hondas, and I've NEVER had a comeback for any pulling, steering wheel off, etc. except for once and it was easily fixed.

Well on my own car about a month ago I took a shrp turn and heard a "pop" from the left side of the car in the wheel area and since then the car has pulled funny.

I thought it might be the diff or rack, so I checked the rack for play and the diff for spec with a beam type torque wrench via the ITR service manual and it's fine.

So I bought new wheels and tires last week, but I wanted to align the car first. I also added SPC rear toe links for ease of rear toe adjustment and those pieces kick ***.

Anyways I'll get to the point.

I did the alignment on the Hunter machine that I've used a hundred times and the specs were all dead-on.

Front toe was at 0 per specs and the rear toe was set at .08 per specs being dead center.

Front camber was set at -.6 for both sides, and the rear was set at -1.1 and -1.

Well I drive the car and immediately notice it's pulling to the left. I put the carback on the alignment rack the next day and my left side toe is toe gone to **** at .33. The camber also moved out to -.2 from -.6.

So I reset the camber and make sure they it doesn't slip by torquing the bolts hard (Skunk2 upper A arms) and I even marked them to see if they slip.

I set the toe at 0 again and guess what?

the car still pulls to the left.

I cannot feel any play in the tie rod ends or upper or lower balljoints, so this is really pissing me off.

I've even checked the brakes for drag, and they are fine.

What would cause one side of the front toe to not stay in spec?

TIA.