Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

whats your opinion based on experience, with skunk2 and blox throttle bodies?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default whats your opinion based on experience, with skunk2 and blox throttle bodies?

Hello everyone,

closed since i dont want to get sued

Last edited by RACEPAK; 01-08-2017 at 07:20 PM. Reason: dont want to get sued
Old 01-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: whats your opinion based on experience, with skunk2 and blox throttle bodies?

I put a 74mm skunk2 pro series throttle body on a couple years ago. At first my only complaint was that it was hard to get to idle high enough, at least when the car was fully warmed up. On real warm/hot days, at red lights, I had to keep my foot on it just a tad to keep idle normal, or else it felt like it would stall at any time.

After a month or two, I started to have issues with the throttle not closing all the way while driving. I could be driving along at 4-5k rpm, then slow for a stop sign, or for traffic, and revs would not drop. This was unbearable, so I compared the pulley tension to a 74mm Blox that I bought over 10 years ago, and the skunk2 was noticeably lighter. I contacted Skunk2, they said some batches had that issue and offered to repair it. Since I'm semi-local, I took the throttle body over to them, they drilled a new hole about 1mm over for where the pulley spring mounts, which gave it just enough more tension to resolve that problem.

But even after re-installing it and not having the throttle not closing all the way problem anymore, I kept getting annoyed by the low idle and put my old Blox back on. The Blox idles normal and the throttle plate always closes. The only thing I liked better about the skunk2 throttle body was pedal feel was smoother, but this was only noticeable when driving the car back to back after swapping throttle bodies.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:57 PM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: whats your opinion based on experience, with skunk2 and blox throttle bodies?

Do you want to get sued?

Because this is how you get sued.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:58 PM
I like to party

https://honda-tech.com/forums/genera...a-org-3056306/

https://www.facebook.com/skunk2bully/
Old 01-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** them i'm in a different country,
but i deleted it anyway since i dont want to get sued,
Old 01-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Plead da Fif

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2LEM1
Do you want to get sued?

Didn't even bother to quote OP?

Old 01-10-2017, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Do you want to get sued?

what in the ever loving f^ck are you talking about? how could he possibly get sued? discussing opinions on various products is half the reason for forums even existing. the only way he could get sued is if he were to copy and sell a copyrighted or patented design. hell, magazines give opinions on products every day, and you don't see them getting sued. and they're a legit publication.

OP, edit your first post back to its original text. there is absolutely no law in the world putting you in harms way for asking for opinions on a product.

my opinion, blox = sk2 that failed quality control tests. they are exact copies, of lower quality. and both brands look very nice, but perform like crap. by crap, I mean they seem extremely inconsistent as temperature changes. probably 3/4 of all sk2 and blox TB's I've either installed myself or already were installed on a vehicle I tuned, had inconsistent idle issues that drove me nuts. I shy away from them whenever possible
Old 01-10-2017, 04:34 PM
I like to party

Originally Posted by motoxxxman
what in the ever loving f^ck are you talking about? how could he possibly get sued? discussing opinions on various products is half the reason for forums even existing. the only way he could get sued is if he were to copy and sell a copyrighted or patented design. hell, magazines give opinions on products every day, and you don't see them getting sued. and they're a legit publication.

OP, edit your first post back to its original text. there is absolutely no law in the world putting you in harms way for asking for opinions on a product.

my opinion, blox = sk2 that failed quality control tests. they are exact copies, of lower quality. and both brands look very nice, but perform like crap. by crap, I mean they seem extremely inconsistent as temperature changes. probably 3/4 of all sk2 and blox TB's I've either installed myself or already were installed on a vehicle I tuned, had inconsistent idle issues that drove me nuts. I shy away from them whenever possible

(1)Defamation per se
(2)Intentional interference with prospective economic advantage
(3)Unfair competition and deceptive business practices [California law]
(4)False advertising [California reference again]
(5)Trademark infringement
(6)Dilution of trademark and trade name
(7)Trade name infringement (at common law)

@signalpuke sup doe
Old 01-10-2017, 04:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-10-2017, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

(1)Defamation per se
(2)Intentional interference with prospective economic advantage
(3)Unfair competition and deceptive business practices [California law]
(4)False advertising [California reference again]
(5)Trademark infringement
(6)Dilution of trademark and trade name
(7)Trade name infringement (at common law)

@signalpuke sup doe

lolol! not a single one of those is actual law applicable in a lawsuit that could pertain to this thread or anything the OP has asked nor stated. my comment would have a much higher likelihood of starting a lawsuit than the OP's question