Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

what type of grease to use and where?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 08:44 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what type of grease to use and where?

I have to google search every time I need to grease certain part only to find 30 different opinions on what grease to use and end up nowhere.

theres obviously the Honda grease that Honda dealership has or maybe not and has to order.

but for all other times when you need it asap and Honda dealer is closed/ only baller can afford the tube of Honda grease... and when they have to order and its a week out.

what grease can I get at local parts store and which grease to use on which part?

to repack the bearings. do all bearings use same grease inside or does it matter by application say for throw-out bearing vs wheel bearing
brakes
wheel bearings
axle boot rebuilding
clutch bearings
door jambs
seals
and whats that thick sticky grease that is used in plastic moving parts to prevent rattling and inside that glove box "hydraulic" slow release tube in integra

sht is confusing every time I go search or ask someone at the store I get 30 different opinions and I know most of them are incorrect.

just like people who swear on using different weight oil in Honda motors than recommended...( usually old stubborn mechanics who think they know better)