Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

What is the name of this tiny hose??

Old 01-24-2006, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the name of this tiny hose??

honda CRX sohc zc (same as d16a6) 1991 STANDARD

Problem: After some light spirited driving, I noticed smoke coming from under the left side of my car. The teperature gauge reads hot. When I slow the car down and "step of the gas," the temperature immediately cools down.

Experiment: I reved my engine for 3 mins in order to replicate the above mentioned problem. I pin pointed the problem to a HOSE that is attached to the intake manifold towards the driver side of the car. The leaky hose is leaking from both the clamp and it also has a hole in the middle of it. The hose leaks onto the alternator and other hot car parts, which causes smoke.

Question: What is the name of that tiny hose, and what is the name of the part that it is connected to? Why would this cause the car to overheat?

Remedy: I will replace the leady hose and the thermostat at the same time (all ready have one at the house.)
Old 01-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What is the name of this tiny hose?? (DreamCatcher)

That hose I am guessing goes to the idle air control motor on the back of the intake manifold. If (like any leaks) it lost enough coolant it can cause the car to run hot. When you step on the gas the water pump circulates enough coolant to cool it back down a bit. If you plan on buying the part from the dealership they can get you a picture for you to identify the correct hose. Or check out http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com to find it. Otherwise an autoparts store may have a spool of hose the same size and you can cut it to fit.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What is the name of this tiny hose?? (Runnerdown)

Thanks man.

I ended up doing as u said, got some hose the same size and shoved it on.