Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

ugh injector problems help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ugh injector problems help!

So, today I was out driving around town making a few errands. An I noticed everytime I would slow down or stop at a light or stop sign, I had this strong fuel smell coming inside the cabin. So I pulled off into a empty parking lot and popped the hood and sure enough one of my injectors was leaking. on the fuel rail. So now I guess I'll to replace that, however the problem is I cannot seem to find anywhere or anyone that sell's the RC injector oring's. Does anyone have know where I can get these. I checked RC Engineering web site and noticed they did not really have it listed. I read where some people say to use the oem Honda one's but Im not sure if they will fit. I had trouble with trying those to fit one other time with bigger injectors.

What really stumps me about this is the car has been running these injectors for about 2-1/2 years now and Ive never had any problems and now all of sudden its spurting out fuel. I also noticed that the one that's leaking is on the end where the fuel regulator is. I almost thought it might have been that but I stood and watched fuel come right out the opening between the fuel rail and injector.

So if anyone knows where I can all these o ring's for the top and bottom for RC 440 injectors, let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

Tetronious
Old 08-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Firstly make sure that the rail is tightened down securely.

You could simply call RC and ask them, I swear sometimes people forget that phones exist anymore.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mgags7)

the OE honda orings fit!!! i've had leaky orings and i replaced them with OE honda ones..it works!!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VRD^don)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VRD^don &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the OE honda orings fit!!! i've had leaky orings and i replaced them with OE honda ones..it works!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

on my RC 550's ofcourse..
Old 08-02-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: (mgags7)

So, this evening after work. I go out and check the situation. First thing I noticed is the fuel rail is loose on the end it was leaking. I tightened down the rail on the end that was leaking. Start the car and fuel starts spilling out. Turn the car off and check the bolts on the rail and notice the other two are loose. (Yes I know I should have used a torque wrench)
So anyway's I retighten all the bolts this time the middle first and then the outside two. I double check to make sure all the bolts are tight. Start the car and again it spurts out fuel. So, yes its now more than likely back to orings. However what concerns me now is, that fuel may be coming from the orings around the bolts, that hold the rail in place. Also I will probably still replace the top orings (green ones) around the injectors as well.
Now my question can I find the orings for the fuel rail bolts fairly easy or is this also a dealer obtained item. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tetronious)

if your injectors are leaking..more likely its the top injector orings..replace it, dont force the injector to go in...install the injectors on the rail then slide them in place on the IM.