Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Stuck with crx battery light and upshift light and gas gauge

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Stuck with crx battery light and upshift light and gas gauge

Ok, so i recently bought a semi wrecked 91 honda crx hf, all stock accept for intake an an exhaust tip that the P/O installed, when i bought the car, he hit a deer with the driver side in about 2007, and after words he started doing rust repair on it and never did repairs to damage, so when i bought it, the hood bumper rinforcment bumper and driver fender radiator headlight corner light and OEM fog lights need to be replaced, so all said and done i got the car up and running on the road. This is when i noticed that the Gas gauge was stuck on full, discovered after it ran out of gas, i tested the connectors udner the security box and it had power, i was told if unplugged and i turn the key it should go to e and it didnt, im stumped with it, also when driving, between 1,500 rpms and 2,200 rpms in all gears the battery light will come on and off sometimes it will be steady, and when cruising in 4th at like 1,200- 1,400 rpms the battery light will stay on unless i hit the gas then it shuts off untill i go steady on gas at a steady speed, the car has a brand new alternator, i replaced it twice cause the new one did the same problem, it has a brand new battery i changed the ground wire from the battery to tranny, i changed the top ground wire and the one on the back of the block, still no fix,im not sure what else to look for there, and finally my oem upshift light does nothing, when i turn the key and the ecu test the lights that wont even flash and when im driving not once has it ever turned on, the other day i had the cluster out and everything backed there looked fine accept for the gas gauge needle is very stiff, so i think the gauge itself is bad, but all the connections on everything look fine, i tryed a diffrent bulb in the upshift light holder and still nothing but i put that bulb in the open door spot and that bulb worked, so has of now i dont know what to do, i want everything to work properly as it should so i can have the nicest HF in town. so what im asking is do you guys think that maybe i have a bad gauge cluster hence the upshift light and gas gauge dont work, but then what bout the battery light, any help would be highly appreciated. thank you
Old 08-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Stuck with crx battery light and upshift light and gas gauge

Also at night if i turn my lights or anything on for that matter my idle drops from about 650-700 to bou 250-400 rpms, which i think has something to do with my eld in the fuse box under the hood, which might have something to do with my battery light coming on when driving. any help at all people?
Old 08-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Stuck with crx battery light and upshift light and gas gauge

Anyone?