Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Shift light...little problem. Help needed

Old 05-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift light...little problem. Help needed

Well I never ran a shift light in any of my cars, relied on my eyes but grabbed one this week by Proform. I installed it via the Team-Integra tutorial with of course black wire going to ground, red going to accessory plug in fuse box along with an upgraded 15A fuse compared to the normal 10A one, and the green wire being connected behind the guage cluster on the blue wire with silver dots...

Heres the problems:

When ignition key is turned to accessory, it flashes once like it should, and seems like it will work fine. I start car up, and shiftlight stays on, lit up. I set the shift point to 3k rpm, just so I can test it, my cars idle is around 1k so its not being set off by that. The shift light stays on with no lights on, and with my parking lights on, but when I switch my headlights on, it turns off. I take it for a few rides down the street, doesnt go off at the set rpm and just stays off. Everything seems connected fine, wtf.

Car is a 2ooo LS
Old 05-23-2006, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Shift light...little problem. Help needed (gasper44`)

I just moved the Green rpm signal wire from the shift light over to the blue wire in the engine bay, the option 2 of the team integra article, now, it doesn't stay on all the time, however, it doesnt activate at all when I hit the designated RPM. ARGHH!!