Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

rough idle, now car will not start at all, MAP CODE AND IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE CODE

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 03:49 PM
I requested a short story for a title.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rough idle, now car will not start at all, MAP CODE AND IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE CODE

Ok here is the problem im going to start from the begining. I bought the car from a dealer for 300. He said all it needed was plugs and wires, so i tow it home and change those out to find it is still running really bad, backfireing and rough idle, no power. I though maybe the timing was off so i checked it all out and it was fine. compression tested fine, and the ignition timing was perfect.
The engine light was not on but there were two codes. map sensor and EGR valve. I cleaned out the EGR valve and reset the ECU. That code is gone but now i have a idle air control solenoid code and still the map sensor.

The car used to start right up and run rough well now just tonight it will not start up at all. It will sputter like it wants to start but it wont. and it smells heavily of gas

could the map sensor be making my car run like crap and now not run at all? Can someone please tell me where it is or send me a diagram or just any info that might help me out. Ive been dickin around with this thing off and on for a month now.
Anything please!!!!
thanks

Old 12-20-2006, 07:14 PM

Default Re: rough idle, now car will not start at all, MAP CODE AND IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE CODE (stocker2sho

yes a map can cause it not to run right... try replacing it... what type of car is this may i ask so we can help you out a tad bit more...
Old 12-21-2006, 12:49 PM

Default Re: rough idle, now car will not start at all, MAP CODE AND IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE CODE (stocker2sho

if ur smelling gas seems like to me u arnt getting any fire are the plugs soaked?
Old 12-21-2006, 03:03 PM
* B A N N E D *

Hey, this is Brian from 50/50 racing, give me a call if you need, im a 13 year honda / acura tech, but i need to know what were working on?? I can walk ou through a few simple tests to find the problem. (850)390-0096