Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Random shutoffs

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random shutoffs

Hey integra fam so this is whats goong on i have a 98 integra ls with an auto b18b1
Now starting last monday morning i was driving on the highway and my car shut off and i rolled to the shoulder and after waiting a few seconds i turned the key and the engine turned over but no start so i waited another minute and i gave it another go and it started back up and i got all way to my destination with no issues and even returned home with no issues later that night same thing i was driving for a while and then another random shut off waited a few and it started back up no issues , since then its been the same pattern even after changing the fuel pump and fuel filter which was just changed today i started her up let her get warmed up and took it for a drive after about 10 minutes she shut off i tapped the distributor with a wrench and she started up and then shut off then i waited a few again she started up and i drove maybe 5 feet she shut off again i waited again she started and now i just made it back to my house, now im starting to suspect the dizzy only because last week when i checked it the screw holding the rotor in place worked its way out and the rotor flipped around and i guess i was driving it like that for awhile. Anyone have any ideas what i can do, if it is the distributor, i have a spare d16y8 dizzy from a 96 civic would that be compatible in any way??