Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

omni power titanium axles

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default omni power titanium axles

Does anyone know anything about the new omni power titanium axles? have they sent out a press release for them yet, I have not seen any.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: omni power titanium axles (RedZone)

Omnipower Titanium axle shafts directly replace the factory steel axles (with OEM outer joints) while reducing weight by about 50%. Each axle set saves about 4 pounds total and are slightly stronger than the OEM axle shafts. Omnipower titanium axle shafts are manufactured with a special grade-9 36 HRC titanium alloy. Aside from being lighter, stronger and rust free, these axles have better twist memory than the stock steel axle shafts.

Made in USA

Applications
92-00 Civic with B-series engine
94-01 integra with B-series engine
Civic or Integra swap cars that use B-series / GSR axle shafts.

Modified by omniman at 8:41 PM 8/31/2007
Old 08-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omni power titanium axles (omniman)

very nice.....have these been tested in any real world apps yet....drag racing, road racing....any results?
Old 08-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omni power titanium axles (RedZone)

how much?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omni power titanium axles (be8teensee1)

499 a pair

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedZone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">very nice.....have these been tested in any real world apps yet....drag racing, road racing....any results?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The short answer is yes. The weak link tends to be the tri-pods and the end snouts. Also as stated in my previous post the material we use for these axles is stronger than the OEM axle material.

For street cars or road racing cars axle strength is almost never a problem. Drag racing has a whole completely different set of variables that cause axles to break. Even the strongest axles break in drag racing. Generally over clutching a drag car will be the hardest on axles.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:05 PM

where can i get one? its not on ur web site.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by omniman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

For street cars or road racing cars axle strength is almost never a problem. </TD></TR></TABLE>

DSS rates their road race axles now I believe. Do you feel the need to rate your road race axles by horsepower also?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omni power titanium axles (ekek888)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekek888 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where can i get one? its not on ur web site.</TD></TR></TABLE>

We are currently in the process of updating the website for all our new products. should be done by next week. You can PM me or contact king motorsports http://www.kingmotorsports.com...t_815

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maxpsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

DSS rates their road race axles now I believe. Do you feel the need to rate your road race axles by horsepower also?</TD></TR></TABLE>

We dont sell the entire axle only the shaft. The shaft size is dimentionally the same as the OEM or stock shaft. From my experience in racing on a Pro level in both road racing and drag racing there are several factors that cause axle breakage. One being too much clutch the other being motor mounts. The hardest thing on axles is the launch as it shocks the entire drive train. launch technique can also play a big role in axle longevity.

A few thing that i have found to prevent axle breakage:

1. dont over clutch your vehicle
2. make sure your motor mounts are in good shape.
3. prelaod during the launch

Road racing doesnt place as much stress on the axle as drag racing. primarily because the vehicle doesn't see a launch. the few series that do have a standing start are still on tires that have much less traction than a FUll drag slick on a VHT soaked launch pad.

In simple terms, anyone that is using OEM axles with no problems will have nothing to worry about with our titanium axles.

Just so people know our objective with the Titanium axle was to make a part that had equal or greater strength than the OEM part and Reduced weight.

Just to give people an idea of how much weight you can save with only a few of our light weight parts.

Titanium Axles saves 4 pounds
Front LCA saves 8 pounds
Rear LCA saves 4 pounds
Titanium rear LCA bolt kit saves 1/2 pound
Titanium Front crossmember kit Saves 2.5 pounds
Titanium Bellhousing bolt kit saves .6 pounds.

Total weight savings is 19.6 pounds. which is a pretty significant.

Modified by omniman at 8:40 PM 8/31/2007
Old 08-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice product!
Old 09-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are you going to update the website this week?