Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Looking to replace seats.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to replace seats.

Hi everyone,

I have a 2002 Honda Civic EX Coupe and would like to replace the stock seats. My two main goals with new seats are 1. Get seats that are lower ( i'm 6'3" and my current stock seats place me too high in my car) and 2. Have a more comfortable seat since the stock seats hurt my lower back too much. I wouldnt mine them to be light too, but this isnt as much of a priority.

I'm basically stumped on where to begin, and am looking for recommendations on what seats and equipment I will need for the swap. Will I have to do anything crazy to my car, or can aftermarket seats simply bolt in where the old ones were?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking to replace seats.

Any bucket seats will sit lower to the floor. Most aftermarket seat manufacturers make either universal or application-specific brackets. Find the seats you like the most and then check the manufacturer's website (or call if that fails) to see what brackets they offer. Not all seat prices include the brackets so you may need to pay a little extra.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Looking to replace seats.

Hey thanks,

Do you know if I can use RSX seats- these look really nice and will they ride lower than my current seats?