Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

i need help. ive got a 98 ls engine swapped into a 96 gsr body.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help. ive got a 98 ls engine swapped into a 96 gsr body.

i am new to this site. i have some wiring problems with my swap. i have already solved all of the neccesary wiring issues as far as getting the car running perfectly. the problem i have run into is the evap system. the evap sysem was upgraded and changed a bit starting in 98 for the integra. some of the things being, a sensor was added to the top of the evap cannister, the fuel tank wiring has added evap wiring and controls, as well as the fuel system having what i believe is a fuel tank pressure reading. the car runs great but the engine light is on for various evap reasons. and there is one code that isn't even listed in either the 96 or 98 helm manual. if you look in the beginning of the fuel system in the manual and compare 96 to 98 you will know exactly what i am talking about. look where it shows the body wiring and you will see the added things starting in 98. i am no dummy and am very familiar with what my problem is and it looks like i can probably solve my problem by rewiring the body of the car with 98 wiring but i don't want to do this. id rather swap a 96 motor in instead. oh yea the ecu and engine harness are also 98. would a 96 ecu solve the problem because it wouldn't know to read all the added evap controls that were added in 98??? i want to fix my car so it is legit and will pass nj inspection. any help will be overly appreciated. i hope there is someone that reads this that can help. and even if you can't help, can you please tell me where i can take my car to get it fixed. i am in central nj and i have already called about 10 prominent shops and none are giving me confidence that they can fix it. please help me, thanks to all.