Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

hey guys! can you give me any opinions on whats wrong with my motor? thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey guys! can you give me any opinions on whats wrong with my motor? thanks

so yeah..going to irwindale today was tight..until i pushed it when i pushed the "button"..and bam..smoke and what not started comming out my engine..the smoke is located behind the intake manifold..or underneath the head..so i dont know what wrong..when i start it sometimes it boggles and the exhaust sounds freakin tight..but its not good..sounds like a boxer engine through the exhaust..i like it, but not the smoke. anyways the smoke is like grayish clear..and smells like motor oil..so if anybody knows whats up than give me your opinions on whats wrong. ill take it to the shop and get it checked out, and whoever are correct with whats wrong with it..thats awsome cuz you know whats wrong with it without even looking at my engine.
well, now i know to lay off the nitrous..haha..

i changed the oil and oil filter..and when i drove back the smoke went away..but i can tell that my car lost a lot power..and when i quick shift to second gear, my cr boggles out..and it jerks..so i also know im losing some oil pressure..but ill find out whats wrong in the morning..ill jack it up and look under the car and find out..

well anyways..i was out in my garage looking at my motor and whatnot...i didnt find a leak of oil anywhere..all i found was a small leak of radiator fluid from a little device..i dont know what its called but its connected to the lower side of the radiator underneath the fan by a hose and it goes behind the head of the engine. it has about 2 other small hoses on it and a large hose which is connected to the radiator. but the problem still persist..my engine boggles..when i rev it. it boggles from 500 to 3,000 rpms and after that its all good and gravey, but when it goes back down to idle it start to boggle again, anyone know whats wrong? i have yet to take it to the shop, ill try to take it to the shop tomarrow if anything. so any opinions on whats wrong, let me know. thanks a lot people!also, i think it might be a small oil leak that i cant find. and my engine is losing oil pressure thats why it boggles? i dont know, but when the rpms are high it runs well but when the rpms are low it boggles. i also doubt its a blown head gasket cuz my engine runs great..just that it boggles, and no more smoke is comming out from behind the manifold. so any ideas let me know.