Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Help.. Lsv turbo running on 3 cylinders..

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon4 Help.. Lsv turbo running on 3 cylinders..

Okay. So I have a ls b18b1 block, eagle sleeves bored out to 85mm with a b16a head. Arias Pistons, Eagle rods, Speedfactory arp head studs... Street tuned on e85..
Stage 1 crower cams with stock valve springs and retainers.
So we just put the car together it was running fine, after about 400 miles it starts missing ONLY at idle. While driving it seems to run fine. Ok so figured out that it was the 4th cylinder that was missing. I bought brand new spark plugs, new spark plug wires, my dizzy was brand new when putting car together, switched injectors, injector plugs.. Literally tried everything.. Did a valve adjustment and it still does the same thing. Oh also did a compression test it was 210 all 4 cylinders. So finally went to do another valve adjustment and my valve cover was all milky. Ok. So blown head gasket.?But my car was not smoking at all which I thought was weird and I've never heard a car miss this bad just because of a blown head gasket.. Which by the way the head gasket is a je pro seal.. So I took the head off an whatya know... Head gasket was blown but not as bad as I would have thought.. Soooo we put it all back together with another head gasket this time we torqued the head down to 95 instead of 90.. 30-40 miles later starts doing the SAME EXACT THING except for its on cylinder 3 instead of 4?!? We also took the thermostat out because it was getting stuck closed.. Not sure if that matters.. But the temperature has not gone over 170..I have no idea what's going on at this point I think something is probably wrong with my block or my head but I just want it to be fixed lol... By the way I didn't boost on it for the first 400 miles and it started to do this before I put any boost on it.. Uugghhhh somebody please help.